Duration: 8 months- potential to convert into full time
Design and develop 2D AutoCAD Electrical/ 3D Inventor drawings for Electrical and Control Systems engineering department. The designer shall be responsible for the quality of the documents created. The documents created shall be in-line with department processes and product requirements. The scope includes general arrangements, panel layouts and assemblies, one-line diagrams and control schematics. Creation of bill of materials with part numbers on assembly drawings is also required.
Designer must be familiar with Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), and shall work well with others. Autodesk Inventor software experiences a plus. The designer should have thorough understanding of standard electrical symbols and drafting practices.
This position will be reporting to Electrical & Controls Engineering Manager.
• Designs and develops documents using the designer tools such as AutoCAD, Inventor, E3 or COMOS, that are required for packaging Gas turbines and compressors based on contract engineering requirements.
• Participates in semi-complex drawings to suit engineering changes and processes engineering change requests.
• Supports the creation of complex design layouts and detail drawings.
• Participates in determining dimensions/specifications necessary on drawings.
• Participates in design and development of product design as applicable to designer work scope.
• Ensures that all drawings comply with industry, departmental and discipline standards
• Supports production during assembly of the products
• Supports Technology & Innovation team to create standards
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Associates degree/ Technical Certification or a College Diploma in Drafting.
• 6+ years Electrical and Controls drafting experience
• 5+ years of experience with drafting tools such AutoCAD/ AutoCAD Electrical, Inventor
• 5+ years of experience in developing controls and electrical assemblies (Control Panels, Junction Boxes), 3D Models and creating Bills of Materials
• 5+ years of experience creating control schematics, I/O Layouts,
• 3+ years of experience with various electrical codes (NEC /IEC) and hazardous environment standards those are applicable to designing of controls and electrical assemblies.
• Able to work well both as individual contributor and as a team member
• Able to take instructions and deliver quality documents that meet the requirements
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience with designer tools such as E3, NX and COMOS is a plus.
• Experience with Gas Turbines, Compressors and generators.