Duration: : 6 months with potential to extend
Location: Andover, MA
More than 5 years professional experience. Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent unless otherwise specified. Monitor and maintain assigned accounts through follow up and possibly implement alternative payment options.Make collection and billing calls to reduce the lost assets of a company and delinquent payments.
Senior Collections Specialist
• A professional candidate with a strong collections background in business to business collections with a customer service/retention mindset.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience working with a multimillion dollar portfolio.
• SAP or similar ERP accounting application experience preferred. FSCM preferred but not required
• Knowledge or experience working with Excel specifically (Vlookup and pivot tables a definite plus)
• Understanding of Sox compliance (internal control standards) in a collections environment preferred experience
• Manage an active customer base of key accounts, with a portfolio size of $10 - $30 million dollars.
• Contact clients with past due balances in the portfolio to obtain payment, payment commitment, and follow up on payment promises.
• Meets or exceed targeted cash collections metrics, reducing past due, bad debt exposure, and other quantitative targets.
• Accountable for reporting any disputed/short paid invoices, identifying root cause, and collaborating with various internal departments to expedite resolution/payment.
• Escalate major collection issues with Management that may require special attention/support.
• Assist the cash applications department with resolving payment application discrepancies ensuring adjustments are completed in a timely fashion.
• Support and develop accounts receivable lean process improvements.
• Prepare proposals for agency placement and write off to bad debt.