Duration: 3-6 month(s)
The Senior Accountant will be a member of the Controller team and will be working in one of two areas, Fixed Assets or Construction Accounting.
The individual will be responsible for the handling of day to day accounting functions, including month end close activities and providing cross functional support. The ideal candidate needs to be capable of managing multiple priorities, ensuring internal and external deadlines are met and taking initiative to drive process improvement.
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts and prepare monthly journal entries
• Provide regular, on-going accounting, reporting and system support to multiple internal work groups including tax, regulatory and field engineering
• Perform maintenance functions for sub-ledger accounting systems
• Research and resolve accounting discrepancies between general ledger and sub-ledgers
• Perform month-end, quarter-end, and year-end system processes
• Generate reports for month-end close to be used for both internal and external review
• Assist with internal and external audit requests
• Assist in the development and implementation of controls, process enhancements, and accounting policies
• Prepare schedules to assist in analysis of monthly results against prior month and budget/forecast
• Complete special projects, ad hoc data requests and assignments, as necessary
Desired Skills & Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or related field.
• At least 3 years work experience in either audit, reporting, and/or general ledger
• Prior experience performing transactional accounting activities
• Demonstrated strong financial acumen
• Outstanding Excel and data management skills: e.g., pivot tables, V-lookups, etc.
• Strong organizational, communication, documentation and presentation skills
• Detail oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Comfortable in a team environment; collaborative
• Highly driven and self-motivated with a hands-on approach to ensure the deliverables are produced on time with high quality
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to effectively evaluate and draw conclusions from data
• Strong desire to continuously learn and improve skillsets.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, changing environment with attention to deadlines.
Thanks and Regards,
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: 510-402-1080 / Fax 510-623-5055