Job Title – Business Analytics Analyst III
Job Location – Alpharetta GA
Length – Contract (1 Year)
This job is responsible for developing and maintaining advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions for the for Philips Healthcare North America Customer Services business.
This job requires providing project coordination, consulting, analysis and recommendations based on data driven analytics and involves working with Philips internal business process owners, business SME's (i.e. subject matter experts), business leaders and IT teams to conduct analysis of the reporting/ business intelligence tool requirements, planning, design and managing implementation and testing of the report/ dashboards and analytics.
Responsibility of development and management of the reporting and BI solutions will span the different tools available in the landscape including and not limited to Tableau, Sales Force, custom Microsoft based reporting solutions, Excel etc.
This position requires no supervision participates in team strategizing, and vision execution/ implementation, collaborates with other team members/BAs in supporting shared/common reporting needs and projects.
2. Key Responsibilities/Duties:
Business & Data Analytics, Business Intelligence Reporting- 60%
•Develop and maintain advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions using tools available in the landscape including and not limited to Tableau, Sales Force, custom Microsoft based reporting solutions, Excel etc.
•Help the customer manage their business and to strategically make sound decisions based on solid analysis of data and provide insight regarding interpretation of data and trends (explain the ‘what’ and ‘why’ of data results)
•Perform and document data analysis, data validation, data mapping/design, produce data samples/prototypes and produce adhoc reports. Obtain and analyze data by accessing multiple sources, including SAP and data warehouses
•Evaluate and utilize appropriate BI tool available in the toolkit to streamline report generation and provide speed to business leader decision making, including self–serving tools that enable users to analyze data through many business dimensions with visibility to granular and historical data
•Modify / improve existing reports/dashboards as directed by the business and Change Control Board
•Evaluate and plan activities to implement automation of manual data extracts and other manual activities supporting any reporting currently supported by you
•Create all required documentation on all projects using pre-defined templates and keep documentation up to date on any existing report changes and facilitate training & rollout of new tools
•Respond and resolve all feedbacks (all priorities) within the set thresholds (business days)
•Create training and internal QA/UAT documentation, perform quality assurance and ongoing monitoring of current reports and data for accuracy and usage. Develop and understanding of Six Sigma and other quality methods
Customer Relationship & Communication- 20%
•Work and partner with business leaders and their teams in various areas of Philips Healthcare to develop reports or address data needs to provide reporting solutions
•Validate and scope new requests assisting the requestor with business justification and needed resources
•Manage client relationships ensuring customer satisfaction and attend pertinent customer meetings to understand business needs and wants
•Provide communication of status and updates to all levels in a timely manner regarding all reports; escalate issues to customers and other resources
Project Management & Collaboration- 20%
•Apply broad subject matter expertise in managing project activities. Determine & manage scope, develop and manage project plans, schedules and deliverables, risks, dependences and mitigation plan using MS Project/other tools
•Partner with customers and IT and facilitate the full life cycle of application development. Provide technical assistance as necessary to end users as well as development staff
•Perform post project reviews with project team from BIS and IT, identify best practices and learning’s and implement in project execution process to improve future project execution. Review and improve project execution processes to improve quality and effectiveness of project delivery
•Collaborate with other BAs in team for improved project execution process, data availability within existing reporting systems and leverage and coordinate overlapping data requests/reports.
•Collaborate with global counterparts to share NA reporting initiatives and get insight into global reporting initiatives to drive combined efforts and definitions. Share best practices and make recommendations to business.
3. Job Requirements:
• Experience in architecting, designing, developing BI and other analytical technology solutions using standard BI/analytical tools and practices
• Experience in project and cross functional team leadership and management.
• Experience performing a business analyst role.
• Experience in creation of functional spec’s and project documentation.
• Some technical experience in data warehouse/BI solutions
• Working knowledge using SQL and databases using cubes/dimensional design.
• Experience in being innovative and having strong analytic skills.
• Has strong verbal & written communication skills.
• Experience in problem-solving/ conflict resolution, critical thinking and priority-setting.
• Experience using Excel, Power Point, Microsoft project, Access and Visio.
• Demonstrated ability to provide strong time management skills.
• Identifies and implements ways that processes can be improved.
Years of Experience:
5+ years of overall business and technology experience/ skills including leadership and BI/analytics experience comprised of the following:
• 3+ years as a BI analyst with strong BA experience
• 2+ years in a Tableau driven dashboard/analytics design, development and implementation (preferred)
• 2+ years as a project manager managing highly complex projects impacting multiple business units and/or leading cross functional business and technical teams
• 3+ years as a consultant or performing consulting role (preferred)
• A four-year degree in a technical/ business related field (preferred).
APN Software Service INC