Duration: 11 months
Location: Rocklin, CA
MUST: Be fluent in Spanish(read, write and speak)
The Sr. Assistant Controller will support the Financial Controller or Senior Financial Controller supporting the members of the Board of Directors with the fiduciary responsibility for compliance and protecting the interests of Oracle Corporation (Oracle) and for the legal entities of Oracle in the region.
The Sr. Assistant Controller is responsible for actively managing all aspects of accounting, external and internal financial audits and internal management reporting for the subsidiary. The Sr. Assistant Controller will support the Financial Controller to enforce that the Oracle legal entities are compliant with all US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and local tax, accounting and financial regulations, required by local country legislation, particularly, those Oracle operations that operate in high risk jurisdictions or significant markets. The Senior Accountant is responsible for the preparation of financial related information required by government and regulatory agencies (US SEC, EU, FASB, other country bodies) for external financial reporting.
Specific areas of responsibility will include supporting GCO (Global Controllers Organization) representation on the Board of Directors, performing the Financial Controllership of legal entity assets and liabilities; performing the financial reporting of legal entities’ results (monthly, quarterly, and annually) in accordance with US GAAP and Local GAAP and performing the analysis and interpretation of financial results, to manage risk presented to Oracle operations.
Responsibilities also include corporate governance, ensuring that Oracle legal entities are operating in compliance of Oracle’s policies and procedures, in order to preserve shareholders’ value.
The Sr. Assistant Controller will work very closely with Middle Management, and will work in cross-functional relationships with Oracle’s Finance, Sales, Legal, Human Resources, Tax and Treasury organizations.
• Support fiduciary responsibility for Oracle as a Corporation and for Oracle’s legal entities, supporting the Financial Controllers and members of the legal entity Board of Directors, to ensure that Oracle complies with all financial and tax regulations in country; to safeguard the legal entity operations from financial and operational risks, resulting from non-compliance with local country laws and regulations and to ensure that the legal entity adheres to Oracle’s Global Finance Policies.
• Gathers quantitative and qualitative information, with an appropriate formal methodology, to prepare income statement and balance sheet in accordance with US GAAP for SEC 10-Q and 10-K filings, reviewing income statement and balance sheet reconciliations to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the financial statements. In addition, responsible for preparation and audit of US and local GAAP financial statements and supplementary reporting for local country compliance requirements, including preparation of financial related information required by government and regulatory agencies (US SEC, EU, FASB, other country bodies).
• Ensures that financial information and statements reflect the "true and fair view" of the legal entity, for US GAAP consolidated reporting, statutory reporting and internal management reporting. Reports and advise on the remediation of discrepancies on financial statements or information.
• Provide periodic and ad-hoc financial information to the Executive Management team and Global Business Finance analysts. Performs and supports company's internal management reporting and analysis, acting as a financial advisor and business partner on financial analysis. Understanding deviations of actual from forecast. Reviewing, recommending or approving different initiatives as a result of the financial analysis and its interpretation.
• Assists and supports the organization with initial compliance with and ongoing presentation, testing and monitoring of conformance to the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation, internal controls and local country legislation. Performs evaluation of internal controls, communications, risk assessments and maintenance of documentation, both for controls and processes. Identifies risk and evaluates deficiencies while working with internal departments/business units to appropriately remedy them.
• Gathers quantitative and qualitative information, with an appropriate formal methodology, to prepare, assess and review operating cash flows, dividends and solvency requirements of the legal entities, liaising with Tax, Legal and Treasury. Primary liaison for Oracle managing the relationship with non-core or local banking partners.
• Execute the country finance integration for merger and acquisition activity, liaising and coordinating with different internal and external advisors, including due diligence reviews and merger and acquisition accounting. Ensures resolution of liabilities acquired from the target company. Ensures than the assets acquired from the target company represent a "true and fair view" of the value of the acquired entity.
• Collaborate with Global Finance Organizations including, Global Business Finance, Global Payroll, Order to Cash, and Source to Settle for problem resolution and business process improvements.
• Collaboration with Tax organization on tax authority information requests and audits.
• Support that best practice system processes and controls are implemented for the Corporation and legal entities to comply with all internal and external financial reporting obligations.
• Participate in Global & Regional strategic initiatives that optimize and enhance the operations of the Chief Accounting Officer organization. Acts as a reference for team members, providing direction and mentoring to other members of the organization.
• Professional Accounting Qualification, CPA or local country equivalent is required.
• MBA is a plus.
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience including progressive experience with multinational companies. Technology sector or “Big 4” public accounting experience preferred.
• Good understanding across the breadth of finance responsibilities including, accounting, revenue recognition, treasury, tax, business practices, etc.
• Knowledge and experience with international accounting, finance and tax regulations.
• Dynamic, innovative & problem resolution focused.
• Ability to immerse oneself to understand problems and propose solutions.
• Ability to effectively work in a multi-location organization and adapt to different cultures.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to interact with various levels of management.
• Project Management capabilities - the ability to plan, initiate, monitor and implement projects within a team.
• Ability to identify and execute operational excellence and continuous improvement initiatives to improve resource optimization.
• Knowledge and experience of ERP systems, including Oracle and Hyperion to assist with the analysis of data and presentation of information is essential.
• Fluency in both Spanish and English.