Position Requested: 2
19591//GEHC - Software Engineer III
Period:07/30/2018 to 01/29/2019
8200 West Tower Avenue
Lead Software Test Engineer
potential temp to perm and that GE is will only hire those that are legally authorized to work in the US. They will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Note that the Software Test Engineer can also write code, this is not a manual test engineer
Role Summary/Purpose Join a dynamic and motivated software team focused on developing GE Healthcare's Mobile Digital Health products. The Lead Software Test Engineer is a key member of Scrum/Development team and responsible for developing robust test solutions and related test activities leveraging existing/new technologies, test automation and agile testing practices. The Lead Software test engineer is responsible for full test lifecycle such as developing, maintaining and execution of both manual & automated test cases.
Essential Responsibilities • Provide technical leadership on test strategies, architecture and building of test automation frameworks and solutions with the systems team and other SW Test Engineers.
• As part of a scrum team, interface with developers and architects to understand the technical design of applications and ensure testability of the developed components/features
• Collaborate with development team in bug fixing and building sprint plans
• Develop & run automated & manual test procedures/test cases, including writing acceptance tests in parallel to code development
• Develop ongoing test automation environments to integrate acceptance & component tests into the continuous testing environment
• Responsible for reviewing and critiquing technical/functional tests, requirements and software design specifications.
• Work with the system team to develop performance, interoperability, reliability & system software test strategies, test specification and test cases.
• Collaborate with System Integration & Test team for overall Integration & System Testing
• Mentor other engineers on the team to develop high quality software test cases
• Provide technical leadership, driving and performing engineering best practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross-functional, and company-wide critical programs.
Qualifications/Requirements • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related computer field
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in automated software testing that includes both front end and back end automation.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with ATDD/BDD automation/tools (Jbehave, Specflow, Cucumber, Robot Framework, etc)
• Minimum of 3 years of experience creating software test strategies/plans.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in object oriented software development using various programming languages (Java, C#, C++, etc)
• Minimum of 2 years of experience using scripting languages (Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell).
• Minimum of 1 years working as part of Agile Scrum Teams
• Working knowledge of Source Code Management Tools (Perforce/SVN/Git), software debugging tools, emulators etc.
• Good understanding of Test Driven & Acceptance Testing/Behavior-Driven Testing concepts
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively within and across various teams
• Demonstrated ability to lead communications across different team structures/positions on test strategy and deliverables.
• Demonstrated technical testing excellence; ability to articulate, solve, and close on technical problems.
Desired Characteristics • 3+ years of experience working in the regulated medical device industry
• Experience with multiple types of testing techniques (black box, white box, challenging, manual, regression, smoke, performance, HALT, HAST, etc)
• Experience in building large software systems/products, software platforms & computer networking
• Working knowledge of virtualization technologies (hypervisors, vsphere, Docker)
• Demonstrated ability to navigate through ambiguity, prioritize conflicting asks and adapt to changing project situations
• Self-starter, energizing, results-oriented, and able to multi-task; tenacious and organized
• Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and having the ability to navigate ambiguous situations
• Clear thinking: simplifying strategy into specific actions with clear accountability, making decisions with speed and accuracy based on best available information, and communicating priorities clearly and concisely