Role: Engineering Technician II
Location:1 Zebra Plaza, Holtsville, New York 11742
Duration: 6 Months Contract
Tax Term: W2
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."
Llooking for an individual who is, highly motivated, teamwork focused, innovative and agile.
As a member of the Engineering Shared Services team, you will have the opportunity to support engineering in all phases of product development and be part of a team who is among the first to see and solve many emerging issues and technologies.
We are an essential partner to multi-functional engineering teams and in this capacity, you will build many relationships working to solve challenging issues during the prototype phase of a project as well as customer related issue problem solving.
You should possess the ability to handle multiple work requests and projects simultaneously.
You will be responsible for performing system and board level debugging, repairs and rework on prototype product development. You should possess the ability to work closely with fellow technicians and engineers to ensure prompt and accurate completion of work to meet product release schedules.
You will need to follow written work instructions and communicate issues back to the engineering team. Therefore, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Follows established processes to create and test product assemblies during Engineering development of our mobile computing and barcode scanning products.
• Works from written and verbal descriptions/defined test plans to perform testing, evaluation and trouble-shooting functions. Performs operational test and fault isolation on product assemblies and hardware
• Determines methods or actions to remedy malfunctions. Debugs and characterizes defects, provides detailed configuration and descriptions for passing and failing tests into product evaluation reports.
• Works on analysis of processes and delivers results to necessary stakeholders
• Assists product development engineers in the diagnosis and replication of product failures. Analyzes test results and makes recommendations
• Ensures testing is completed for each design revision. Testing to include System Hardware, ESD, Thermal profiling and Electromagnetic combability.
• Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
o Preferred Work Experience (years): 2+ years
o Key Skills and Competencies:
Knowledge of lab equipment such as Multimeters, Data loggers, Oscilloscopes, Power Supplies , Excel.
Hands-on experience developing electronic systems
Ability to read and follow schematics
Working knowledge of touch panel mobile computers and barcode scanners.
If you are available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please send the updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
along with a best time and number to reach you.
Your prompt response is highly appreciated.
Thanks and have a blessed day ahead.
Thanks and Regards,
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: 510-943-4054 / Fax 510-623-5055