Title: Senior Engineering Technician
Location: 639 Davis Drive, Morrisville, NC 27560
Duration: 9 Months Contract
Shift Hours: 8 hrs per day, 5 days/week (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
Tax Term: W2
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
· Assist Design Engineers and Technical Project Managers in planning and executing hardware design verification tests, including documenting test results and updating test plans.
· Build and modify engineering prototypes, including electronic printed circuit assemblies
· Assemble products, test fixtures or other devices to support the engineering design team
· Analyze, debug and repair electronic circuits either as part of the design and development process, or as part of the “tier 2” RMA support team
· Review and understand lab safety procedures and guidelines and ensure these guidelines are followed
· Purchase supplies for the engineering lab and for engineering prototype and development work
· Identify specific equipment needs to support new product development and assigned tests
· Maintain lab equipment that you use, and ensure equipment used is calibrated.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
· An Associate’s Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or equivalent technical education with a minimum of 3-5 years working with electronic equipment.
· Experience with programming, setting up and running Labview (preferred) or equivalent data acquisition and test automation systems
· Understand the basic principles and laws governing electric and electronic circuits.
· Demonstrated experience working on electronic assemblies with fine pitch components with the ability to populate and de populate thru-hole and surface mount electronic components.
· Good knowledge of analog and digital electronic circuits, including the ability to interpret electronic schematics and product drawings
· Proficient knowledge and use of electronic equipment tools (oscilloscopes, analyzers, multi-meters, environmental chambers etc.) used to debug and test electronic assemblies
· Ability to plan and execute complex testing activities under the general supervision and guidance of an engineer.
· Excellent testing and troubleshooting skills
· The ability to multi-task between several tasks and communicate and follow-up on tasks assigned to technicians.
· Proficient skills using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
· Experience in hardware and production verification and validation testing for “long life” products installed by the utility industry (e.g. water, gas, and/or electric utilities).
· Familiarity with industry standards for utility products (ANSI, UL, FCC, Intrinsic Safety, etc.)
· The ability and desire to work in a fast paced team environment, working with a cross functional team of engineers (electrical, firmware, mechanical and system test engineers)
· Direct experience with testing of lithium primary batteries.
· Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
· Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
· Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
· Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
If you are available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please send the updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
along with a best time and number to reach you.
Your prompt response is highly appreciated.
Thanks and have a blessed day ahead.
Thanks and Regards,
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: 510-623-5050- Extn 139 / Direct: 510-943-4054