Title: IT Software Development Specialist
Duration: 6 months contract (until 4/16/19)
Location: Naperville, IL 60563
Hours: 8 hours per day & 5 days a week role
· Technical support and customer service experience and working with software related problems, reading, programming, and debugging code.
· Intermediate experience Identify, research, and resolve software related issues.
· Ability to learn, understand, maintain and support current propriety software.
· Basic experience in VB, C# languages. Ability to understand code to aid in solving user concerns.
· Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server.
· Proficient knowledge to write SQL statements to diagnose issues with Microsoft SQL Server
· Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees via face to face communication, over the telephone or through email.
· Ability to read and understand directions and help document those directions as they relate to understanding software applications.
· Ability to teach related software application functionality in the ticket to user.
· Ability to record steps taken to resolve user questions or issues.
· Understanding of basic XML, HTML and other Web technologies
· Ability to use helpdesk issue tracking tool
· Ability to multi-task and resolve issues. Strong sense of urgency in responding to and correcting software issues
· Ability to communicate in a professional manner following standardized naming conventions and processes with strong personal commitment to quality service.
To provide mentoring and support to other writers; to create and maintain software, technical, online and help systems documentation, reference and maintenance guides, Web pages, articles brochures and other information using diverse communication and publication methods; to create documentation for software release enhancements; and to ensure internal and external communication of pertinent enhancements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Leads and reviews output of other writers.
· Assists in the development of style and rules governing technical communications and documentation.
· Advises, assists and contributes to design and direction of technical communications and documentation within the department ensuring integrity, consistency and adherence to the corporate vision.
· Researches, writes, edits and maintains various forms of media regarding software enhancements, technical procedures, processes and other information; interprets highly-technical and intensive notes and transforms into user-friendly and easy-to-understand documentation.
· Writes technical communications and documentation involving discussions on subject matter with programmers and other experts to become more knowledgeable and familiar with company software and technology.
· Creates, edits and designs content for various Web sites - Internet, Intranet and Online Help.
· Contributes creative skills as needed for: 1) writing special interest and employee relations articles; 2) designing and creating brochures, guides, publications, internal and external communications, report samples, promotional materials; 3) graphic designs for illustrations, charts and photographs included in publications; and 4) other assignments as needed.
· Assists other departments with technology-related projects by writing, editing and reviewing creative materials as well as providing information and direction.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Supports the organization's quality program(s).
· Travels as required
· Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or related field from an accredited college or university preferred.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
· Good knowledge of technology verbiage for documentation of procedures and directions for usage
· Strong communication skills including accurate spelling and use of the English language in both written and oral communications
· Good knowledge of how to locate and identify essential information
· Technical, analytical and interpretive skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Leadership skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Creative, innovative and detail oriented
· Ability to keep abreast of technical communications trends
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to perform multiple tasks and set priorities
· Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies