We have Job Opportunity for Scientist at Berkley, CA with direct client. Please go through Detailed Job description below.
Duration: 6-9 months. Contract only
Here is a brief Job description:
Seeking a Scientist I to contribute as a key member of Healthineers Molecular Diagnostics R&D Business located in Berkeley, CA. Must be comfortable in a fast paced start-up environment and capable of integrating requirements from the various stakeholders and have ability to balance the needs of cost, quality and time-to-market. Contributions are expected at the individual level.
The Scientist I is responsible for the development of next generation PCR technology and new sample prep strategy.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS Degree in biology or biochemistry with or MS Degree
• Experience in improving reagents and protocols on along with instrument development (binding, inhibition, elution, protocol optimizing)
• Experience with standard molecular biology techniques
• Experience with sample preparation and nucleic acid extraction technologies is required
• Experience in development of PCR assays and experimenting with PCR based diagnostics assays
• Independently perform experimentation and hands-on analysis
• Experience developing qualitative and quantitative assay systems, primer design, genomic database mining, materials and vendor selection and qualification
• Some background in DOE, statistics in assay development
• Candidate must have been part of teams of commercially successful platforms where the candidate made significant contributions
• Self-motivated, independent and a driving force of efficient execution
• Documentation experience in a regulated environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Work well in a team setting, ability to work independently, and collaboratively
• Organized, with attention to detail
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience in nested PCR
• Experience in Microsoft Office, JMP, gCAT
• Experience with next generation sequencing along with library prep
• Experience with as many forms of cell lysis, such as chemical, physical and enzymatic
If you have the above qualification and interested to apply please reply with your updated resume, contact no. and expected pay rate and I will contact you to discuss further.