Duration: 0-9 month(s)
Location: Round Rock, TX 78682 [Candidates must be able to work onsite.
Software Architect with extensive Windows experience needed. Senior Software Architect with broad experience in Windows development stack. The target is primarily Windows 10 and similar OS (Home, Pro, 10 S, etc.). Responsible for the software design and development for external-facing customer products.
Consults with external customers and implements new IT systems and/or replaces existing systems. Develops and offers integrated, end-to-end IT solutions in targeted industry segments that support the customers’ strategic, operational and financial goals and positions Dell for rapidly growing business.
• As a Windows software architect the candidate will provide technical direction, oversight, and execution guidance for several new Windows applications targeted for a new computing device.
• Providing guidance to junior software developers of the software development life cycle (SDLC) activities involving all associated tasks (requirements, architecture, design, coding, unit test, integration test, etc.).
• Lead development best practices for building secure applications from the ground-up.
• Conduct security reviews from high-level application architecture to OS-level parameters and complex interactions with BIOS and drivers to meet security & business goals.
• Develop Windows components and libraries to be used in .NET based applications (Windows Store, web and desktop).
• Lead the development of proof-of-concepts that will focus on brand new technologies.
Contact and project leader for customer solutions in a complex environment in one technical area involving multiple products and/or platforms Contributes to developing innovative ideas and principles Applies proven knowledge of technology alternative and generates leading edge technical solutions Develops long-range objectives and plans of action that affect one or more teams May manage to completion one large or several concurrent small projects with multiple deliverables Develops and maintains effective relationships with leadership in targeted companies and participates as a key member in solutions and strategy decisions Designs and delivers enterprise-wide system solutions to the external customer Regularly serves as a post- sales support specialist through the development of materials and by presenting complex solutions to prospective clients as a subject matter expert Serve s as a subject matter expert on new software sales opportunities with customers that have not worked with Dell previously Prepares and publishes multiple white papers Oversees team (matrix oversight) up to 30 team members
• 12+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Strong C, C++, C# coding skills, with emphasis on writing scalable code for Windows .NET and legacy Win32 APIs.
• Deep technical and architectural knowledge of Microsoft Windows (UWP and Desktop apps).
• Solid understanding of data and information security practices.
• Working knowledge of security tools: Fortify SCA and Coverity.
• Fundamental understanding of cryptographic concepts and applied cryptography.
• Understanding of Threat Modeling and experience with DFD’s and Threat Modeling tools.
• Strong understanding of software development lifecycle, product development lifecycle, and Agile development methodologies.
• Versed in the concept, use of and selection of revision control software (e.g. SVN, Git, ClearCase, Perforce or similar software).
• Deep technical and architectural knowledge of Windows internals
• OO Design experience. Win32, WPF, and .NET experience is required.
• Must have strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
• Experienced with MVVM design pattern is highly desired.