Title: Electrical Controls Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC 28273
Duration: 6 Months
Shift Hours: 8 hrs per day, 5 days/week (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
The Role: We are seeking an Electrical & Controls Project Engineer to work out of our Charlotte, NC office and perform electrical & controls project engineering and execution for disinfection, oxidation, and advanced oxidation projects for both municipal and industrial clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Be a contributing member of an assigned project execution team which includes a Project Manager, Mechanical Engineer and Sales Engineer to execute customer project orders from the sales handover phase through site start-up and commissioning.
· Review and analyze project specifications with special emphasis on electrical, instrumentation and controls requirements to identify costs and develop implementation strategies.
· Review and develop Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (PID).
· Configure and develop all necessary engineering documents required for internal design and customer submittals.
· Collaborate within an international engineering team to execute assigned projects and support sales opportunities.
· Perform programming and troubleshooting of system and component level PLC and Operator Interface Screens.
· Perform detailed electrical controls and power distribution designs.
· Maintain project time schedules & budgets for multiple projects in coordination with the Project Management team.
· Provide direct technical support to external customers, consulting engineering firms, general contractors as well as internal departments such as service & sales.
· Drive a highly responsive culture and provide outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers in all activities.
· Follow and comply with all ESH policies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE/CERTIFICATION:
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
· Preferably 3+ years of experience working in the field of water and/or wastewater treatment industry. Knowledge of ultraviolet and ozone water treatment equipment a plus.
· 3+ years of experience in process control and system designs including PLC and HMI. Must be proficient in AB/Rockwell Automation software. Experience with Modicon and GE PLC's are a plus.
· Knowledge of Process diagrams and instrumentation required.
· Proficient in AutoCAD engineering software. AutoCAD Electrical experience is a plus.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written & oral).
· Green Belt Certification a plus; Demonstrate task management & organization skills.
· Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
· Frequently required to communicate orally.
· Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
· Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 25 pounds.
· Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· Office: Administrative - computer and telephone usage. Microsoft Office is essential. Operation of basic office equipment and machinery; such as, fax machines, copiers and printers.
· Shop/Job Site: Daily Exposure to warehouse/shop. Exposure to field elements at treatment plants or contractors site.
· Travel: Up to 15% travel may be required.