Title: Usability/Design Researcher
Location: Austin, TX 78753
Duration: 6 Months Contract
OT: Some overtime is possible on occasion. Billable at 1.3x
Tax Term: W2
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."
MUST INCLUDE RESEARCH PORTFOLIO FOR REVIEW.
The Usability/Design Researcher will work within the PC Software division of the Experience Design Group.
The Researcher will be an integral part of the UX/Design team and assist in creating and implementing world-class experiences for software and hardware.
The role will primarily involve planning and conducting studies and design research (in the form of usability testing, focus group/concept testing, surveys/questionnaires and more), analyzing results and synthesizing findings, presenting to the design and product teams.
The role will also routinely involve the following:
• Help form project conceptions
• Prototype concepts (hardware or software)
• Work in teams – both internal (usability & design) and external (marketing & engineering)
• Contribute to product specifications
• Define and Apply user-centered design principles
Our team of 40+ software UX'ers work across two studio sites in an open studio environment.
The work and our group is highly collaborative and there are multiple UX disciplines represented - visual/graphic design, interaction design, research/usability, frontend development/prototyping internally to our team - as well as product management, development, quality/test, program/project management more broadly.
Design Project teams are typically 2 to 4 people in size and most people work across multiple projects simultaneously.
Conceives innovative user-interface models that explore concepts that lie well outside today’s typical application paradigms Creates user task models, user experience architecture, wireframe level design through to prototypes Defines the user experience vision, brand strategy, solution innovation, and prototyping Identifies user centered design patterns, establishes scenarios, places designs into user context and creates interactions that align to those requirements
The ideal candidate has a passion for user centered research and design and has a wide breadth of experience across multiple types of products, channels and research methodologies.
– Extensive knowledge of usability and user experience research tools and techniques (e.g. field research, heuristic reviews, benchmarking, card sorts, lo-fidelity prototyping methods, etc.)
– Strong project management and negotiating skills
– Strong communication, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills
– Ability to communicate research results, graphically depict data, and justify methods and approaches orally and in writing
– Strong moderation skills and methods for group facilitation and consensus building
– Ability to work independently, in a team, and with or without direction is imperative
– 3+ years of usability research experience with multifaceted responsibilities
– Related experience in another field such as market research, human factors, interaction design, information architecture, graphic design
– Experience designing wireframes and creating interactive prototypes using related tools such as Axure, JustinMind and Sketch
– Experience creating user personas and journey maps to support a user centered design methodology
– Bachelor's degree in psychology or related user-research field
– Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
– Comfortable in fast-paced environment.
- Solid knowledge of the field of human-computer interaction, experimental design, observational, and field methods and data analysis is required
- Experience with a broad range of data collection and analytical techniques such as survey construction/analysis, UI prototype development, usability testing, focus group facilitation, and qualitative/observational methods, ethnography, and quantitative statistical data analysis
If you are available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please send the updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
along with a best time and number to reach you.
Your prompt response is highly appreciated.
Thanks and have a blessed day ahead.
Thanks and Regards,
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: 510-623-5050- Extn 139 / Direct: 510-943-4054