Responsibility for running test protocols, problem solving, systems control, equipment maintenance, writing and updating procedure manuals, and inventory/ordering supplies in a FAST-PACED RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general supervision, follows established company policies and procedures and applies acquired job skills to follow outlined procedures to complete testing protocols
- Performing hands-on lab work in the areas of blood handling; assembling components; and testing on prototype equipment.
- Making observations and taking measurements directly, as well as collecting and interpreting data from the technical and operating staff involved
- Preparing test solutions
Ensure instruments are functional, calibrated and operating properly.
Collect data on units under test and reference units per the policies and procedures.
Ensure the policies and procedures are accurate and effective based on current device requirements. Oversee revision changes as required.
Validate procedures as assigned.
Ensure materials and supplies are adequate to complete research and development procedures.
Schedule and ensure that blood is available without expiration for blood lab testing.
Ensure the blood lab is clean and minimize bio-hazards through normal safety practices.
Adheres to policies regarding Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and ensure others are appropriately safe during blood lab visits or experiments.
Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
Other duties as assigned.
Highly Desired Skills:
1) Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
2) direct experience in blood handling / blood dilutions / spiking blood
3) excellent analytical capability with experience using tools such as Excel and MiniTab to evaluate data (aptitude/interest in performing data analyses; demonstrated ability to apply statistical analysis tools such as Student's T-tests, ANOVA and DOE to analyze variance and optimize processes)
4) experience with technical report writing,
5) good equipment troubleshooting and mechanical skills,
6) basic chemistry foundation re: calculating and preparing stock solutions,
7) safety oriented and exceptional organizational skills; and
8) HS degree
Operates and performs complex adjustments to lab equipment and instruments. Performs complex quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as sampling, testing, and measuring using complex equipment. Completes the compiling, analyzing, and interpreting of results. Performs periodic complex inspections of equipment and performs complex preventative maintenance work. Performs troubleshooting complex test processes. Performs complex calculations as well as prepares graphs and charts.