Location: Houston, TX
The primary role of the person will be to provide logistics support in the US region which would include arranging accurate shipping documentation, follow-up with forwarders, customs and ensuring logistics compliance in the region.
- Arrange and manage all logistics activities and related systems information, both
internationally and within the region.
- Arrange required customs clearances shipping/receiving & packing activities.
- Liaise with PPS approved Logistics Service Providers (LSP) to attain best
cost/service options for PPS shipments.
- Use the PPS business system to generate the shipping documents for shipments
- Perform the record keeping of the logistics documentation as per the policy &
- Ensure overall logistics compliance of the local organization.
- Provide accurate and timely report to the supervisor via the process required
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with BHGE Health, Safety and
Environmental policies and Legal compliance requirements.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Strong background in logistics operation.
- College or University Degree and/or 3-5 years equivalent related work
- Good working knowledge of principal modes of shipment; road, sea and air
- Strong international customs knowledge and experience.
- Possess considerable knowledge of INCOTERMS, documentation and
international customs requirements.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with an excellent customer
service mindset & approach
- A good knowledge/experience of Microsoft Office
- Be able to maintain good communication skills (verbal and written) with both
clients, vendors and colleagues.
- Operational knowledge of PPS business
- Experience with Oracle/Maximo would be an asset