**Strong Candidates will have experience with 1st Party Collections. They should have B2B collections experience**
The Collections Analyst II is responsible for direct contact with customers for the collection of domestic, Canadian and International accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform proactive collection calls on large dollar invoices.
· Analyze and reconcile discrepancies on customer accounts. Identify and assign customer problems to the appropriate branch and/or salesperson.
· Evaluate and discuss all potential losses with supervisors. Establish action plan to minimize losses.
· Consult and make recommendations to superiors and/or sales personnel on complex credit and/or collection situations.
· Collaborate with branches and corporate departments to control shipments to delinquent accounts to limit potential bad debt exposure.
· Provide customer service by assisting in the reconciliation of accounts.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS):
· Bachelor degree in Business or related field of study
· Minimum of five years’ experience as a first-party collector
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company