Duration: 8 months
Overview: SUPPLY CHAIN PROGRAM MANAGER SENIOR - LINE TRANSFER MANAGER
Manage projects for a number of business areas including the Supply Chain and Service organizations. Projects may include introduction and/or shutdown of production in local or outsourced factories, supplier management, materials setup, Service Offering creation, cost-reduction, Service Operations (Repair, Tech Support, etc), general process and infrastructure development and implementation, as well as support of Acquisitions
1. Own and Manage manufacturing line/factory transfer projects designed to reduce costs, improve effectiveness and sustain Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Distribution and Customer Service.
2. Research and identify Best-In-Class Operations strategies, processes, and organizational structures to allow the organization to implement and maintain effective Operations.
3. Drive the development of Operations processes as needed to capture new or modified methods and procedures across the organization.
4. Develop system requirements as needed to implement infrastructure to support the projects and processes.
5. Proactively manage major and minor Operations projects, including hands-on management of cross-functional activities and deliverables, coordination of global resources, and management of inter-dependencies with other projects. Teams include Procurement, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Service and Supplier Management.
6. Additionally, manage general projects in virtually any aspect of the Zebra corporation, including Marketing, Sales, Engineering and customer-facing efforts.
7. Manage light IT involvement in above projects, coordinating operational efforts with systems technologies.
8. Develop Project Plans including the key deliverables, resources and timelines required to achieve success.
9. Identify, secure and manage resources and budgets to effectively execute the project.
10. Perform Risk Management to identify and resolve Risks and Issues during Planning and as they arise throughout the project.
11. Drive the establishment of other worldwide organizational and physical infrastructure to support Operations processes.
12. Manage cross-functional, diverse teams in a matrixed environment with participants in numerous locations, across multiple time zones, including overseas and third-party teams and individuals.
13. Work with Global Suppliers and Contract Manufacturers to establish their support for the projects and processes.
14. Implement new Operations and processes across Zebra and its partners until minimum maturity levels are achieved.
15. Communicate project status to management on a weekly basis.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in Project Management in a matrixed, complex environment
• Ability to run projects in excess of $1M in budget and team size of 20+ participants and stakeholders
• PMI or similar Certification in Project Management preferred
• 5 years of experience with Microsoft Project or other tools, developing and maintaining project schedules and plans
• 10 years of experience in Supply Chain, Distribution and/or Service in a medium- to large-sized company
• 10 years of experience with Supply Chain, Distribution and Service tools and systems in a variety of applications
• 5 years of experience in outsourcing to Suppliers and Manufacturers, including Offshoring
• Ability to work with and manage senior personnel, directors and VPs to complete the project.
• Ability to present at an appropriate level to a variety of audiences, including peers, managers and directors and VPs.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office
• Strong Teambuilding and Interpersonal skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills