Job Title – Sr. Workday Analyst – Advanced Compensation
Job Location – Palo Alto CA
Length – Contract (12 Months+)
Schedule: M-F, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
The HR Technology & User Experience team, within the Varian HR Services and Technology organization, serves as technical and functional experts for people processes and technology with superior employee experience as our guiding light. The Senior HR Systems Analyst will partner with HR Technology leaders, team members and others in driving and implementing Workday, our new SaaS HCM platform.
The successful candidate should have hands-on configuration and extensive experience in implementing Workday, a strong functional SME and an exceptional systems/business process analyst.
The person will assist in design, configurations, testing and cutover tasks for multiple workstreams.
This role will report to the Director, HR Technology and User Experience.
- Effectively define business process solutions for Workday Core Compensation, Advanced Compensation and Talent Management modules to ensure a successful Workday HCM implementation.
- Provide subject matter expertise during discovery and design phase.
- Effectively work with other team members in managing configurations, testing and security administration for Core Compensation, Advanced Compensation and Talent Management modules.
- Partner with team members and HR COEs in defining overall system testing strategy and completing all testing deliverables.
- Provide post-implementation support for these modules.
- Ensure that users and the HR team are properly trained and that there is adequate documentation of processes and procedures.
- Partner with People Analytics team in defining and deploying people metrics for managers enabling managers to use data for talent decisions.
- 3-5 years of hands-on configuration experience related to Workday Core Compensation, Advanced Compensation and Talent Management (Performance & Goals, Career Development Planning, Succession Planning). Other functional module knowledge will be helpful: Core HCM, Recruiting, Onboarding, Payroll, Time & Attendance, etc...
- Previous Workday implementation and SAP systems conversion experience
- 3 to 5+ years of HR technology, project implementation and system conversion experience with demonstrated results in developing business requirements, deploying applicable technologies and business processes design
- 5+ years of practical HR functional knowledge and experience and some people analytics domains such as dashboards, scorecards, etc.
- Experience supporting and partnering with diverse and globally dispersed stakeholders and team members.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with demanding priorities and business needs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; strong listener
- Highly collaborative, strong focus on our end user and building consumer-like applications for business purposes
- Very detailed oriented and strong analytical skills
Other Preferred Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree/degree in IT or equivalent
- Experience with SuccessFactors, BrassRing or other ATS, SAP or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired.
- SharePoint and QlikView experience preferred
- Experience in HR COEs and / or a HR Shared Services environment
- Experience with GDPR, US data privacy laws and SOX compliance requirements
APN Software Service INC