Description: Interaction Designer
The Usability Engineering group in Siemens Healthineers Ultrasound is responsible for developing user interface requirements, usability testing and generating FDA approval usability documentation for general imaging and cardiac ultrasound systems. The user interface designer’s principal role is to advocate for the end user of the products.
Siemens Healthineers is seeking a highly motivated individual to assist in defining interaction design requirements, develop user interface prototypes and designs, including screen layout and navigation, and participate in user research and contextual interviews.
The Interaction Designer will work in a dynamic environment as part of the Human Factors Engineering group. This will involve applying the fundamentals user interface design, human-machine interaction and usability evaluation. Strong motivation to achieve excellent results and the ability to quickly integrate into teams and become productive is imperative.
• Bachelor’s degree in: Industrial Design, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interface, or related discipline.
• 5 years of industry experience designing product user interfaces. Graphic design knowledge is a plus.
• The ideal candidate will have worked on all phases of product development from concept to delivery.
• Experience designing user interfaces for medical imaging products and IEC62366 is a plus.
• Experience working in Agile approach and using tools such as TFS and Confluence.
• Experience using graphic design tools for prototyping and modeling, such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Blend, XAML, etc.;
• Ability to fluently express ideas using sketches, simulations, etc.
• Work well in a team environment,
• Strong technical writing skills,
• Attention to detail