Title: SD-WAN Project Manager
Duration: 0-6 months
Location: Round Rock, TX 78682 [Candidates must be able to work onsite]
We need to hire a PM resource to support a new project with desired knowledge in SDWAN, Infrastructure and Network and cross functional delivery/reporting experience.
This role reports to the leader of Dell’s SRO PMO team and drives all aspects of Project, Program and Portfolio activity, including collaborating and coordinating across all Cybersecurity, Product Security, IT and Business segments. Defines project value proposition, scope, work plan, resource needs, timeline and budget for projects. Manages resources (i.e., capital requirements and human capital, etc.) to complete project/program on time and within budget. Keeps team and leadership updated on project status and risk factors. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Provides technical and process guidance to project team.
Day to Day Activities:
• Drives the development and execution of project plan by working with project team to define, sequence, and estimate duration of activities and determine schedules to meet project objectives.
• Ensures consistency and adherence to Dell standards, processes, and policies for all projects.
• Manages all aspects of the project execution including: chartering, scope definition, requirements gathering, project planning, change control, risk management and reporting.
• Facilitates and manages resource planning, cost estimation, budget development, and cost control.
• Manages the identification, resolution and escalation of project risks and issues.
• Tracks project budget and resource utilization against plan.
• Plans and executes project communications ensuring timely and accurate distribution of information, documentation, and issue resolution to all appropriate team members
Demonstrated history of driving for results, with metrics as proof
4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
PREFERENCE GIVEN for resources with:
SDWAN [software-defined wide-area network "SD-WAN or SDWAN" is a specific application of software-defined networking (SDN) technology applied to WAN connections, which are used to connect enterprise networks – including branch offices and data centers – over large geographic distances]
Cross functional delivery/reporting experience
Work Environment: Shared office space, work from home as required
Selling Points: PM on growing team in a newly formed PMO. Growth opportunity
Team Size: 10-15 resources of varying grades globally