Title: Security Specialist
Location: Urbandale IA, 50322
Duration: 6+ months (High possibilities of extension)
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
· Monitor and manage physical alarms and alerts based on criticality. Provide effective first-tier problem recognition to mitigate interruptions to service by troubleshooting or escalating potential threats affecting physical infrastructure. Utilize standard procedures to effectively process infrastructure alarms and alerts while maintaining regulatory requirements. Preparing required documentation for a given event and follow-up per the applicable regulatory requirement or standards. Use monitoring tools to effectively manage the alarms and alerts.
· Maintain basic understanding of physical infrastructure and access control systems used by the company as well as software and other technologies used for physical security.
· Support the NERC-CIP Compliance department's response to audits, events and advisories to internal and external entities within the required time limits.
· Respond to inquiries and provide basic problem resolution based on established policies and procedures or past experiences.
· Perform additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
· Associates degree in law enforcement, homeland security, or related field; or equivalent work experience preferred. (Typically three of related, progressive work experience or industry certifications would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a degree.)
· Previous experience working in physical security.
· Basic knowledge of security principles and basic understanding of information security.
· Effective communication skills including listening, oral and writing skills to process information timely and accurately.
· Effective problem-solving skills.
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
APN Software Services Inc.