Bachelor’s degree or equivalent - required
Project Management certification (PMI) - preferred
This position is responsible for the project management of projects in Philips Design, focused on the Sleep & Respiratory Care portfolio. The Project Manager in this role is also responsible for tracking resource utilization, requesting additional resources within Philips Design and helping the design management team resolve any resourcing issues. This person will need to be located in the Pittsburgh office in order to maximize collaboration with the local Design team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Ensures a project charter is in place and agreed.
• Identifies Stakeholders and forms a communication plan.
• Defines the project scope and deliverables
• Forms a Project Management Plan to include a communication plan
• Defines and maintains a Risk Register with mitigation plans
• Manages project schedule and delivery
• Manages the project team, suppliers, and all stakeholders throughout project.
Monitoring & Controlling the delivery of a project
• Monitors progress vs plan throughout project.
• Controls change and risks – takes action as required.
• Reports regularly on progress to key stakeholders.
Closing a project
• Closes project financially
• Closes external purchasing contracts.
• Releases resources
• Measures stakeholder satisfaction
• Evaluates project (where required).
Additional Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide project status updates to Program Manager, Resource Managers and Creative Leads regularly and as necessary.
• Provide comprehensive project cost estimates, manage financial agreements and maintain internal billing plans for projects
• Communicate project plans and schedules to business stakeholders for alignment and approval
• Set up projects and resourcing in Project Administration and Clarity tools
• Monitor and control resource utilization and project expense budgets
• Facilitate communication with project stakeholders and manage expectations
• Understand, manage and comply with all financial and operational methods in support of your projects
• Maintain appropriate documentation on all management aspects for your projects
• Proven experience in project management, demonstrating relevant methods and business processes
• Experience within a creative agency or in-house design department
• Proven ability to build and sustain relationships
• Ability to bring simplicity to complex situations
• Strong understanding of critical success factors within a creative environment and product development
• Great facilitation and organization skills
• PMI certification preferred