Position Title: Software Developer 3
Location: Chicago IL
Duration: 12 months
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Expert knowledge in at least one major programming language and computing platform (e.g. C#, .NET, C++, Java). .NET Core a plus.
• Knowledge of Cloud technologies (AWS) a plus.
• Experiencing working with a development and debugging environment (e.g. Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, Node.js). Microsoft Visual Studio a plus.
• Practitioner of proven development practices for software documentation and test-driven designs.
• Strong focus on delivering quality and utilizing tools to monitor, analyze and enhance software code base.
• Hands-on experience with current source code control and application lifecycle management systems. IBM Jazz SCM and git a plus.
• Proven experience applying and thorough understanding of software design patterns and principles.
• Practical experience with software design languages, models, and diagrams (e.g. UML).
• Experienced practitioner in agile development approaches with clear understanding and proactive execution for personal responsibilities.
• Works well in teams and on individual assignments.
• Actively shares knowledge and expertise with fellow team members.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Solid knowledge of virtualization technologies and platforms.
• Knowledge of modern operating systems and IT networks/infrastructure.