9+ months contract to start with
The Systems Engineer works individually and with a cross –functional team to develop and sustain systems for in vitro diagnostic (IVD) instruments for point of care and laboratory medical testing. These medical devices provide rapid and accurate diagnostic testing for clinical laboratories and point of care clinicians for the diagnosis and monitoring of patients with diabetes, kidney diseases, cardiac conditions, respiratory issues, critical care conditions, and other clinical applications.
• Main objective of this position will be a member of the engineering team that develops a new point of care analyzer as part of a new product development project within R&D
• This Systems Engineering role will be responsible for completion of a variety of tasks as assigned by the R&D project lead and is likely to include requirements engineering, and subsystem design and development.
• This position will typically be part of a cross functional R&D team that has staff with multiple engineering and science disciplines, collaborating to accomplish complex system objectives.
Responsibilities of the position may include:
- Analyze instrument performance using a variety of commercial and custom tools.
- Assist in defining and developing System Architecture
- Perform system modeling and analysis.
- Assist in developing design concepts to meet System requirements
- Conduct tests of prototype systems
- Develop & maintain design and performance requirements & specifications.
- Design, plan and execute laboratory experiments to evaluate feasibility of concepts.
- Solve complex technical issues by troubleshooting, determining root cause, and then proposing design modifications.
- Assist in develop system level control algorithms for optimized operation of the instrument.
- Write, perform or oversee verification and validation plans and protocols to effectively test designs against requirements and customer needs.
- Review test data against established pass criteria.
- Write clear, data-driven technical summaries and test reports.
Bachelor (required); Masters (preferred) in Physical Science or Engineering (biomedical engineering, chemistry, physics, preferred fields)
0-5 years in biomedical/medical R & D (industrial or academic)
Good interpersonal skills
Good verbal and written communications – MS Word
Office tools such as MS Word, Excel
Knowledge of Matlab, Labview, Doors, and programming language such as VB, C, C++, C# a plus
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of engineering fundamentals. He/she will be able to perform systems thinking (big picture view). An understanding of electro-mechanical, precision, software-controlled systems is a plus. The individual must function well both independently and as part of an integrated team. Effective verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Thanks & Regards,
Imran (Emu) Shikalgar
APN Software Services, Inc
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
510-402-4704 (Voice & Text)
Phone: 510-623-5050 Extn.129 | Fax 510-623-5055 | Imran@apninc.com