Duration: 12 months- potential to convert into full time
Description:This laboratory technician position will provide testing and development support for current R&D efforts.
Specific duties include:
- Performing hands-on lab work in the areas of blood handling; assembling components; and testing on medical device prototypes / breadboards.
- Making observations and taking measurements directly, as well as collecting and interpreting data from the technical and operating staff involved
- Preparing test solutions
- Performing inventory management and safety inspections
-Identifies problems in department laboratory systems and in communication with the technical staff, develops and implements and documents any corrective action taken.
-Completes routine periodic instrument maintenance and documents same in quality control records.
-Maintains adequate supply of lab reagents and supplies. Prepares reagents and records results checks of activity and suitability for use
-Actively participates in the department quality assurance and quality improvement programs, and adheres to policies and procedures developed for the department.
-In collaboration with other technical staff, troubleshoots technical problems by instituting appropriate corrective actions.
-Maintains and assures a clean and organized workplace.
Bachelor’s degree in a life science (Biology, Chemistry, etc.) required. Excellent critical thinking skills and attention to detail are required. Must be able to communicate effectively and maintain laboratory records in an orderly and comprehensive manner. References are required upon request, from direct supervisors. Demonstrated ability to apply statistical analysis tools such as Student's T-tests, ANOVA and DOE to analyze variance and optimize processes, when appropriate, is desirable.
* Performs quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as sampling, testing, and measuring using specialized equipment.
* Completes the compiling, analyzing, and interpreting of results.
* Performs periodic equipment inspections and preventative maintenance work.
* Calculates as well as prepares graphs and charts.
* Prepares measurement and test equipment (e.g. instrumentation and functionality tests).
* Performs troubleshooting