• Become a team member by contributing with enthusiasm to meet common objectives.
• Learn and understand equipment proper functioning and process capabilities to reach area objectives.
• Speed of execution is fundamental for our business, sense of urgency is essential
• Adapt to constant changes in production due to large mix small volume orders.
• Reports to production manager.
• Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
• The production supervisor oversees the manufacturing operation, manages employees, plans and make changes according to production schedule, promote safety, supports and communicates company goals, rules and standards, to employee. Promotes lean manufacturing and continues improvement process.
• Supervision of production workers, assuring they are in compliance with company standards, policies, procedures and practices, provides suggestions to improve performance and productivity, enforce work rules counsel and coach employees for engagement when required.
• Conducts periodic reviews of existing policies. Ensures that policies are updated and in accordance with evolving production and quality standards.
• Apply lean methodologies to the day to day operation and improve current processes with well define standard work, to continually look for means or methods, eliminating waste, that will reduce cost and optimize flow.
• Ensure GL/ TL follow their daily standard work established and maintain it updated.
• Gather and report shift data on area performance and distribute it accordingly on time and accurate.
• Participates in facilitating Lean initiatives including 6’s, line set-up time reduction, workplace organization, standardize work process / work flow improvements, visual management, poka yoke methods, value stream mapping and pull systems.
• Assures effective and continual communication between other areas / shift supervisors
• Works closely with support departments to maintain schedules and implement changes and revisions in operational procedures. Communicates with other production and maintenance supervisors to achieve departmental objectives
• Participant on challenging tasks for professional growth
• Position has visibility and participation to meet organization challenges
• This position has the potential to continue growing in the manufacturing structure.
What We Are Looking For
• Good communication skills with the different levels of the organization.
• To be data driven, making analysis and look at different scenarios to select best alternative for the business.
• A believer and driver of continues improvement activities that will deploy Lean methodology, with proven experience on root cause analysis for problem solving.
• Good initiative, be proactive not reactive to situations affecting organization performance
• Quest for continuous improvement mentality.
• Minimum education; four year college degree, or the equivalent work experience in a high volume manufacturing environment, minimum of five years of experience in a supervisor position.
• Able to work with all computer software such as Power Point presentations, excel for statistical purposes, word for communication in all levels of the organization.
• Experience utilizing manufacturing control system or shop floor control, SAP, Oracle, etc.
• Five plus years of experience in a manufacturing FDA regulatory environment.
Is this an On Call Assignment? | |