Location: Emeryville, CA
Duration: 6 Months
The purpose of this position is to perform standard and advanced accounting duties for the hospital, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, assume daily functions of capital, and conduct highly critical special projects.
- Assumes responsibility for all aspects of property accounting.
- Assumes responsibility for the correct and accurate accounting classification of capital versus operating expense.
- Maintain internal capital budget tracking
- Prepares all federal, state and local property returns including welfare exemptions, property tax returns, business tax returns and capital surveys.
- Prepares Bond and State reimbursement applications.
- Oversees special accounting projects/studies and prepares reports as necessary.
- Serves as principal resource for adherence to GAAP guidelines.
- Prepares monthly general ledger journal entries, financial statements and comparative reports.
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations.
- Follows established accounting policies, procedures, and objectives. Makes recommendations for changes whenever needed.
- Assists independent auditors with interim and year-end work, including preparation and reconciliation of audit schedules and gathering of supporting documentation.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree (Accounting or Business Administration preferred)
Minimum Experience: 3-5 years public accounting or 4-7 years private industry accounting experience. (Hospital experience preferred)). Minimum two years of supervisory experience. Advanced understanding of GAAP application
Licensures: CPA Certificate preferred