Title: Organizational Development Specialist (8414174)
Duration: 12 months
Location: Springdale, AR 72762or Chicago, IL 60607
The Organizational Development Specialist reports to the Senior Director of Organization Development, part of the Talent & Culture CoE. The OD Specialist executes and continually improves Tyson’s performance management process and serves as the talent system administrator for Tyson’s talent processes, including performance and talent management and team member engagement measurement tools. As needed, the OD Specialist will assist with other OD and L&D projects to support HR and business priorities. This is a highly collaborative role that involves close partnership with fellow OD and Talent and Culture team members, internal HR Connect (HRIS) team, HR Business Partners and other key stakeholders across Tyson HR and business units.
Performance Management: • Manage performance and talent management process including communications, calendar and alignment, education and engagement of HRBP resources; Maintain and create innovative, user friendly tools and development education for both managers and team members ensure effective performance that drives desired culture and business results. Identify measures of success and business impact and regularly communicate progress to HR leadership.
Team Member Engagement:
• Collaborate with the OD Manager, Talent Optimization leads and HR Business Partners on the execution of engagement pulse surveys and other tools as necessary, including creating survey questionnaires, developing communications to drive survey participation, analyzing results, creating survey reports, action planning resources and partnering with stakeholders to disseminate results to the business.
Talent System Administrator: • In partnership with the HR Connect team, serve as the primary subject matter expert and system administrator for system-enabled talent processes, including performance management, talent management, learning and engagement. • Execute system performance management process, including testing and refining functionality prior to key process milestones; executing launch of goal-setting, mid-year discussions and year-end reviews; developing team member communications and educational tools; responding to and quickly resolving HRBP process questions or issues; and, monitoring user adoption and system effectiveness in each step of the process.
Ad Hoc OD and L&D Projects:
• Under the direction of the Senior Director of OD, assist with special OD projects as needed (e.g., inclusion and diversity efforts) • Assist the Associate Director of Learning and Development in executing learning and development and change management plans to support business initiatives.
• Bachelor's Degree required
• 3-5 years of related experience in: HR, organizational development, learning and development, talent systems (prior Workday and Success Factors experience a plus)
• Excellent project management and execution skills, with strong ability to multi-task
• Strong skills in data collection methods and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
• Advanced skills in Microsoft suite including PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint and survey authoring tools (i.e. Lime survey) a plus
• Experience with e-learning or authoring software (i.e. Articulate) a plus
• Strong orientation toward working collaboratively, with equal comfort working independently
• Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills – including verbal, written and listening skills; ability to present effectively (internally and externally); demonstrated candor, specifically listening with an open mind, having courage to speak up and give feedback, and acknowledging mistakes/failures.
• Demonstrated creativity (continuous improvement mindset, willing to take appropriate risks and fail forward, develop ideas and take action to implement).
• Seeks out and finds value in diverse perspectives and leverage cognitive diversity to ensure the best ideas are identified).
• Sound judgment (ability to see the implications of various actions and view things from multiple global perspectives).
• Highly organized and focused; ability to handle multiple priorities. Supervisory: This position does not have direct reports.