Technical Writer III
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA
Duration: 12 Months
Job Description: Technical Writer
The objective of this role is to document processes, work instructions and job aids for business functions. The business functions will use the documents in daily tasks, for training and for communicating with function leaders including Business Process Experts, Subject Matter Experts and IT Business Analysts.
1. Review existing documentation (provided through “TASK” level in Framework)
2. Attend process training sessions for assigned function(s.)
3. Document process flows (Visio).
4. Create process work instructions and job aids to accompany process flows. (Word; powerpoint; other tools as applicable.)
5. Maintain a comprehensive list of technical terminology.
6. Capture screen prints from SAP ERP and other software – with training provided and site “partner” for finding process screens
7. Highlight key information or locations in screen shots – as applicable
1. Experience Procedures/ Job Aids in Windchill
2. Proven experience working in a technical writing position
3. Ability to work with subject matter experts at different physical locations (virtual / skype meetings)
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5. Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Visio, Powerpoint; Snipping and Editing tool)
6. Experience documenting SAP processes a plus
7. Strong attention to detail
8. Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
9. Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
10. Self starter/ tenacious to drive task completion