Database Engineer III
12+months with possible extension
• Strong experience in database development in MS SQL Server , Sybase
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
• Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Experience in performance tuning queries, JDBC, ODBC.NET libraries and OR mapping tools
(JPA, Hibernate etc)
• Experience with Linux/UNIX, bash/ksh scripting, and Perl/Python.
• Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
• Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
• Expert experience in implementing operational automation.
• Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
• Knowledge of SQL Server tools ( Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system sprocs)
• SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design ( stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints )
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and coding
• Solid acquaintance with windows server, security delegation, SPNs, storage components.
• Documentation skills for processes and procedures ( creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc )
• SQL Database Operational support to tech users
• Knowledge of 3rd party DBA tools and applications ( e.g redgate, idera, SCOM, Erwin )
• Knowledge in a scripting language like Powershell, VBScript, WSH
Thanks and Regards,
APN Software Services, Inc.
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560