Title: Network & Systems Analyst
Duration: 3-6 Months contract
Location: Tampa, FL 33605
Monitors, troubleshoots, diagnoses, and remedies server and network problems and failures. Installs and configures server and network hardware and software. Design and planning required for small projects.
Level of Responsibility
1. Support (20%): Monitors, troubleshoots, diagnoses, and remedies server and network problems and failures
2. Implement (20%): Installs and configures server and network hardware and software
3. Design/Plan (30%): Design and planning required for small projects
4. Lead/Consult (30%): Project leadership, consulting, or cross-train peers
Protects computer assets by establishing and enforcing system access controls; maintaining disaster preparedness.
· Maintains access by providing information, resources, and technical support.
· Performs Checkpoint firewall maintenance and rule updates.
· Ensures authorized access by investigating improper access; revoking access;monitoring information requests through ITSM tool.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks;
· Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
System Security Analyst Skills and Qualifications:
Network Security, Firewall Administration, Problem Solving, Process Improvement, Network Protocols, Routers, Switches
- Checkpoint firewall and all the related blades
- Routing and Switching background
Some of the highlights of the role include handling Day to Day security activities and troubleshooting:
- Firewall Rule requests
- URL Filtering/Application Control requests
- Firewall Platform support, Hardware and Software management/upgrades
- Rule clean up
- Bug fixes, security updates, Operational roles
- Work with Emera on the VPN Tunnel
- Collaboration with CSOC to manage Other Blade specific roles namely IPS/IDS, Threat emulation, AV, AntiBot
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent IT discipline (MIS).
Has obtained at least two associate and one senior level certification (i.e. Microsoft Certified IT Professional, VMware Certified Professional, HP ATA – Servers & Storage, or Cisco Certified Network
CCNA, VCP, or MCITP
Minimum of eight years of work experience related to the Duties & Responsibilities of this position is required.
Minimum of six years of direct work experience performing the Duties & Responsibilities of this position is preferred.
College degree may be considered in lieu of comparable experience in networking/server hardware installation and maintenance of two years with an Associate’s degree and four years with a Bachelor’s degree.
Switching, routing, DNS/DHCP, Windows Active Directory, Storage Area Networks, Server virtualization, networking/server hardware installation and maintenance. Employees at this level work under general direction and are experienced Network and Systems Analysts with the ability to support existing server and network infrastructure. They have expert knowledge of most types of network or server infrastructure