Below are the Job Details
Job Title: EHSSS Coordinator
Duration: 9 months+
· Act as liaison to production supervision and personnel for exposure monitoring results, recommendations and control strategies
· Interface with supervisor and managers regarding health and safety matters
· Assist in maintaining safety related permits and air monitoring equipment
· Perform Job Hazard Analysis, system auditing, and ergonomic task analysis
· Monitor contractor safety compliance
· Knowledge of Workers’ Compensation Laws
· Must be able to organize, direct control and coordinate the services.
· Critical thinking and good problem solving skills
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
· Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
· Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Support EHS and Security directives in a timely manner, leading to the successful completion of projects.
· Assist in reviewing and updating safety programs and supporting training including but not limited to Lock Out Tag Out, exposure control, Hazard communication, electrical safety, confined space, hazard assessment and PPE program.
· Assist in identifying, and resolving, critical regulatory issues
· Manage incident investigations and corrective action plans.
· Assist in performing environmental audits for Air, Water, Waste, SPCC, etc.
· Act as onsite support services for the entire lifecycle of a hazardous materials management programs at client sites by performing chemical inventories, segregating chemicals, and shipping hazardous waste off-site
· Assist in chemical spill emergencies by managing the containment, clean up, and disposal of hazardous materials
· Assist in maintaining site security and emergency preparedness administrative documentation and assist in performing practice drills, etc.
· Assist with performing training related to EHSSS
· Assist in conducting EHSSS audits to help comply with Corporate, State and Federal EHSSS policies and regulations.
· Assist in Leading safety teams (ergo, safety committees, risk reduction teams, etc)
· Perform environmental regulatory inspections and lead efforts to reduce waste to landfill, electricity, nature gas, water use, etc.
· Assist in developing programs designed to Continuous Improvement EHS efforts
· Assist Operation in achieving overall facility compliance and place focus on moving beyond compliance
· Support HR in Short Term disability, RTW exams, pre-employment physicals and drug screens and personal employee
· medical conditions as needed.
· Coordinate the respirator, hearing conservation, safety shoes and safety glasses, and BBP programs including training.
· Assist in accident investigation and help facilitate the programs and procedures to ensure work related injuries