Duration: 12 months- potential to convert into full time
This person would be responsible for participating in a laboratory environment for research and development programs focused on the goal of developing and optimizing potentiometric and amperometric electrochemical sensors / biosensors.
* Support/Co-develop biosensors for point-of-care rapid tests using electrochemistry, clinical biochemistry, and surface chemistry;
* Support/Co-develop novel chemistry methods for sensing blood gases, electrolytes, and other analytes;
* Design, carry out experiments and data analysis , and present findings with little supervision;
* Proactively identify, troubleshoot and provide solutions to issues relating to development, evaluation, optimization and validation of biosensors.
* Make sound judgment to organize and prioritize various assignments and to reach desired outcomes in a timely fashion
• Minimum of a Master's degree Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Material Science or Biomedical Engineering.
• Knowledge and experience in protein chemistry / enzymes
• Hands-on experience in a full range of electroanalytical techniques such as SPR, QCM, SAW and electrochemical sensing
• Knowledge and experience in surface analytical techniques: AFM, optical microscopy, ellipsometer, XPS, Tof-SIM, cyclic voltammetry, impedance spectroscopy, etc.
Provides support in a wide variety of semi-complex technical assignments. Participates in conducting semi-complex tests or investigations pertaining to the development of new designs methods, materials, or processes and investigates possible application of results. Obtains, correlates, and analyzes technical information needed to accomplish semi-complex tasks. Provides support in preparing reports, charts, graphs, and other documents. Participates in developing designs for a variety of products, processes, and components.