Until the year end
Job Title: Procurement Engineer
• Procurement Link in Development Center, executes cost down and (larger or multiple) new product introduction projects
• Drive concept savings in new product development in close cooperation with Marketing, Quality,
SCM and development;
• Represents procurement in a development center and ensures early supplier involvement;
• Leads or participates in DfX conventions;
• Provides should-cost assessments for newly proposed products;
• Ensure that Procurement is represented in new Product Introduction projects
• Drives request for quotation process based on the Forward Procurement List;
• Drives the Supplier Selection Process together with the Commodity Teams;
• Ensures that the Development Center Procurement Engineering related risks (cost, quality, availability) are controlled and mitigated;
• Supports the Supplier Quality Manager in new supplier component release process as part of the
Advanced Quality Plan (AQP), including compliance and sustainability aspects;
• Aligns needs with competitive landscape and technology roadmaps
• Provides input for make or buy analysis;
• Supports the in/outsourcing process (e.g. knowledge transfer, supplier ramp-up);
• Provides input to the Commodity Teams regarding the supply base characteristics based on business requirements;
• Orders tools and samples related to new product development;
• Execute and support phase in – phase Out (PIPO) planning related to new product introduction;
• The Procurement Engineer may act as Supplier Account Manager assigned by, and under the delegated responsibility of the relevant commodity team.
• Lead the implementation of the cost reduction strategy focused on the product life cycle, from new product design to products released for production, by tapping into cost down opportunities for the assigned product(s) or supplier(s)
• Identify strategic cost reduction opportunities in the product portfolio and during the new product design process delivering a significant contribution to design decision making and product roadmaps.
• Support the negotiation teams with conceptual and fact-based information and opportunities to drive significant structural cost reduction improvement.
• Drive the deployment of early supplier involvement through design-in or cost-reduction workshops.
• Develop and deploy common approaches to target costing and tracking for the assigned product/category.
• Owner for delivering the BOM related cost elements for assigned major commodity, as required improving total cost of ownership for the cost roadmaps for key products.
• Lead the development of an effective set of cost models to track “target cost” status for assigned product/category, support deployment of cost awareness to design engineers.
• Analyze and anticipate cost trends, develop and review cost forecasts, translate into implications for the business.
• Identify and act on cost implications of changes based on raw material changes, other supply market changes and internally driven changes that may impact assigned product/category.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the necessary skills and be intrinsically motivated on supplier quality topics. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• BS Engineering degree and minimum of 7 to 10 years industry experience in manufacturing of electro-mechanical systems/products/solutions for the medical, aerospace or automotive industries
• Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing processes for commodities such as printed circuit board assemblies, power supplies, cables, custom battery packs, mechanical parts (plastics, machined, sheet metal), cables, etc.
• Experience with all aspects of quality concepts/tools/methods (e.g. FMEA, DOE, IQ/OQ/PQ, MSA, GRR, 8D, etc.), quality issue resolution and quality monitoring measures.
• Knowledge of the Purchasing function and associated commodity, supply base, quality and data management considerations. Understanding of Procurement, Supplier Relationship Management, Material and Supplier Quality and Data Management areas.
• Effective communicator. Able to work effectively with global, cross-functional stakeholders.
• Experience in a regulated environment, medical preferred.
• Certified auditor for ISO13485 or 9001.
• Knowledgeable in SAP Quality Management, Oracle Data Warehouse, Mini-Tab, Query tools such as Business Objects, web-based systems, and MS Excel (power user).
• CQE, six-sigma Black Belt or Green Belt.
Furthermore to be successful in this role you are :
• Motivated, self-driven with a determination to succeed and the ability to manage change.
• Analytical, you are open to new ideas and believe in continuous learning in order to develop new competencies.
• Fluent in English
• Willing to travel regularly to Bothell, WA, US.