We have an excellent opportunity with our client for the position of Production Planner at Lockbourne OH. Please review the information below and if you are available; please reply back with a copy of your resume and best number to reach you.
Title: Production Planner
Location: Lockbourne OH
Duration: 6+ months (High possibilities of extension)
Production Planner is responsible for scheduling of production for finished goods across multiple lines and facilities to ensure inventory availability for fulfillment of customer demand. Production Planner is responsible to reviewing monthly demand, material and line capacity availability to make recommendation of production moves to avoid downtime or capacity constraints. Production Planner is responsible for interfacing between production line leaders and supply planners to ensure execution of production plans. The position requires a person who will excel under pressure, is deadline driven while ensuring organization and accuracy.
· Prepare daily and long-term production schedule utilizing MRP and sales forecasts.
· Develop delivery commitments by coordinating scheduling activities with production team to balance production capacity, productivity, and on-time delivery metrics.
· Develops, publishes and maintains Master Production Schedule for multiple facilities.
· Analyze priority orders for material /capacity availability and adjusts productions schedule to ensure on time delivery
· Run daily “Cancel Report” and prioritize production accordingly.
· Provide accurate and timely communication of production shortages or delays which could impact customer scorecard.
· Attend daily production meeting to evaluate production schedule, backlogs, material shortages, labor requirements
· Provide and oversight and visibility to third party production OTIF metric
· Coordinate with supply planners to evaluate product return and facilitate proper product rework schedule.
· Manage phase in/phase out material plans.
· Establish line EOQ for each production line to optimize cost of inventory VS OEE
· Conduct a monthly an ABC analysis to establish order frequency and appropriate inventory days of coverage for each SKU.
· Other duties as required
· BA or BS in business related field preferred
· Minimum 2 years planning / scheduling experience utilizing repetitive discrete shop floor control systems. 3 years’ experience strongly preferred.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Proven ability to develop reports and analyze data to initiate problem solving.
· Must be analytical and data driven in decision making process.
· Excellent interpersonal, writing, speaking, coordinating and organizational skills
· APICS CPIM or CRM preferred.
APN Software Services INC
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560