Title: Sr Systems Engineer
Location: Burlington, MA
Duration: 12 months
Intake Notes: Candidate required to have Linux (in any version but prefer Oracle or RedHat) and WebLogic.
They must have excellent communication skills because they will be working with many different people within their group and also across the globe.
They must be very organized.
They will be also working on 100 servers and approx 10 of them may require patches during their blackout period meaning they will need to be flexible in their schedule to work evening/weekends for these patches during those times.
This is a possible Temp to Hire and candidate needs to have minimum of Bachelor's Degree.
Would like to review only local candidates at this time. Please indicate on submittal if the candidate is local.
Work with the GBUCS (Global Business Unit Cloud Services) Provisioning, Tools and Automation Development Group to maintain our servers and assist with trouble shooting.
Candidate should also be able to perform or have the following duties/skills:
- Need 3 years or more Linux administration experience, prefer the experience with Oracle Linux, Centos, or Redhat Linux.
Working experience on how to diagnose system problems.
- Need 1-3 years of experience to install, patch, and administrate WebLogic or IBM Websphere application servers.
Familiar with Oracle/Sun Java SDK installation and patching. Experience to install other open source tools such as Hudson/Jenkin and GIT.
- Very comfortable to create Linux shell scripts to automate system administration tasks such as installing and patching applications.
Experience to use Chef or Terraform to manage Linux system is a plus.
- Experience to install, patch, and administrate Oracle 12c database.
- Following experience would be a plus: Oracle OVM, VMware, Oracle ZFS, and LDAP
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Need to be flexible to work off hours to patch and install system software during the maintenance windows.
- Willing to learn our applications and perform basic administration tasks (such as start and stop CPP applications)
- Willing to be part of the sustaining team to troubleshoot system problems.
- Ability to work on updating and creating our documentation to keep it current