Position Title: Network Engineer
Duration : 3 Months
This role, Network Administrator exists to oversee architectural design documentation, and oversee and management of implementing new technologies to support business requirements. This role is based in their Cork, Ireland headquarters and is an influential and pivotal role as a member of our Service Delivery management team. This particular role has varied requirements and needs requiring a number of essential personal characteristics, skills and competencies. This role is an essential step in the career path of any aspiring Network Operations Manager, IT/Ops Manager, CIO or consultant, simply due to the multi-facetted nature of the role and the wealth of knowledge and insight gained when carrying it out.
The individual best suited for this job will be able to demonstrate how to juggle several completely different priorities, stakeholder groups and communities simultaneously as well engaging their own team, customers, suppliers and the rest of the ISS organization effectively. This requires the individual to be an excellent, agile communicator, demonstrating diplomacy at all times. Customers require empathy and understanding from the leader in this role who must be able to see their perspective on support and IT service issues. This requires constant relationship building and regular contact with key business stakeholders and an active informed interest in all daily business affairs. The successful candidate needs to be able to switch focus, business language, and context on a continual basis as they deal with different stakeholders.
A Network Administrator is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of our internal network, including customer-facing hosted and cloud environments. They will provide expert technical assistance to team members with high-level system and networking knowledge. This role will be responsible designing, implementing and testing complex infrastructure in support of our business partner needs. As a member of the IT team, the Network Administrator will provide onsite and remote support to our clients who have critical response time requirements for their business technology systems. You will work independently and as part of a team to answer service desk calls, urgently analyze technical issues, address Level 2 escalations, work with the project manager on team related projects, and troubleshoot over the phone/onsite/via remote access. Finally, this role will successfully demonstrate the skills required to secure and manage network infrastructures to protect productivity, mitigate threats, and reduce costs.
The individual filling this role will be responsible for having a high functioning understanding of 10Gig/40Gig technology and having Cisco Nexus platform experience is desired to enable support of our global network and its devices. Also being able to demonstrate knowledge of a variety of network solutions with the ability to evaluate and choose the best solution for the existing and future requirements is the responsibility with the person filling this role. As is experience with SD-WAN deployments and being able to articulate cost/performance benefit of such implementations to gain support and how to work positively to overcome resistance.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Network Engineer strong architect fundamentals
- Protocols & Technologies: TCP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6, OSPF, BGP, NAT, 802.1Q, Rapid-PVST, Cisco vPC, IPSec, QoS, WAN Acceleration, SNMP, IPv6, VoIP, Cloud Services, Stateful Inspection, IPSec, SSL, LLDP, 802.1Q, DNS, DHCP, Digital Certificates, Access Control Lists.
- Knowledge of and experience with networking protocols listed above
- Solid trouble shooting skills including packet analysis
- Comprehensive knowledge of Layer 2 technologies including Rapid Spanning Tree, Port Channels, virtual Port Channels, VLAN design and trunking.
- Comprehensive knowledge of OSPF and BGP routing protocols
· Level knowledge
o Check Point firewall functionality including network segmentation
o F5 Load Balancing technology for delivery of application and security solutions
o Juniper networking with Campus & Data-Center (Junos MNS , Switching, virtual-chassis, BGP Routing & MPLS) support.
- WAN Optimization knowledge and experience with at least one product line
- Experience with Data Center design, implementation and maintenance
- Experience with network refreshes
- QoS design and implementation, including VoIP and Video
- Experience with MPLS WAN networks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels using metrics and data
- Demonstrated ability to be a team lead
- While not expected to be an expert in Network Security, must have a good sense of this aspect and ability to work with FireEye Information Security personnel
- Experience with Checkpoint and Juniper firewalls
- Knowledge of Firewall functionality including network segmentation