Job Title: Software Quality Engineer
Duration: 12+ months with possible extension
Location: San Diego CA
The Software Quality Engineer position provides support for the validation and continued maintenance of Non-Product Software Systems that automate business processes required by medical device regulations and/or standards.
EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND
• Minimum 5 - 10 years of experience in software validation of R&D, Manufacturing and large scale computer systems (e.g. HP Quality Center, SAP, Trackwise, Enovia, Windchill, DOORS, etc.)
• Experience working in disciplined regulated industry in the application of automated technology and applied knowledge particularly; 21 CFR part 820, Part 11, ISO 13485, AAMI TIR 36, FDA Guidance, General Principles of Software Validation and GAMP 5.
• Experience in leading and educating teams on the appropriate validation documentation created as objective evidence for software validations per company procedures, standards and regulations (e.g. 21 CFR part 820, Part 11, ISO 13485, AAMI TIR 36, FDA Guidance, General Principles of Software Validation and GAMP 5).
• Applied knowledge and understanding of (IQ) Installation Qualification, (OQ) Operational Qualification, (PQ) Performance Qualification, (UAT) User Acceptance Testing, (SAT) System Acceptance Testing.
• Ability to review and understand technical software documents e.g. specifications, code reviews, test cases, risk analysis, etc.
• Ability to apply current inspectional techniques to project documentation during the system lifecycle and prior to FDA inspection and notified bodies to ensure a comprehensive documentation package is created and maintained.
• Experience and Understanding of current inspectional practices of FDA, notified bodies and other regulatory agencies.
• Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate (both oral and written) with junior project team/ organizational members, business leaders and senior executives.
• Effective judgment and decision making skills, typically made under stressful situations.
• Competency in project management and the execution of multiple projects.
• Demonstrated capability in critical thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management.
• Ability and willingness to travel 10% domestic and international.
• Fluent in English, Spanish is a plus but not required.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
• Bachelor of Science degree (BS) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering and or IT related fields; but any advanced degrees are preferable in Quality, Regulatory and Software Engineering.
• Experience in software development (e.g. design, development testing etc.)
• Certifications related to software development, Quality Management Systems (e.g. American Software Testing Qualifications Board (ASTQB), ASQ, etc.)
Thanks and Regards,
APN Software Services, Inc.
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Is this an On Call Assignment? |