Siemens Healthcare Laboratory (SHL) and Siemens Molecular Diagnostics headquarters are located in Berkeley, California.
Our vision at SHL is to save lives by rapidly moving new in vitro diagnostic technologies and assays into clinical use. Our mission within SHL R&D is to develop laboratory tests to support a new generation of therapies that will improve patient care in ways never before possible.
In order to achieve these goals, we will fully utilize decades of assay development experience and the unique resources available through our companion diagnostics development organization and global reference laboratory.
• The successful candidate for this Scientist 1 position working within Siemens Clinical Laboratory and Companion Diagnostics R&D will report to a Sr. Scientist or higher in the department.
• This scientist will be working on all aspects of assay development including prototyping, optimization, performance verification, and validation of new assays or technologies.
• The work requires documentation and transfer of assays in either the clinical laboratory environment as Laboratory Developed Tests (LDT), or for manufacturing as In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) products.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• B.S. or advanced degree in biology, chemistry, or related discipline is required.
• 1-3 years of industry and/or academic laboratory experience is preferred.
• Knowledge and expertise in immunoassays, proteomics, molecular biology, molecular diagnostics, bioinformatics, and statistical analysis, are relevant.
• Documentation experience in a regulated healthcare environment is important.
• The successful candidate will have clear and understandable written and verbal technical communication.