Norwood, MA 02062
12 months contract to start with (extendable contract and potential to convert fulltime)
The talented and passionate individual will help design, analyze, develop, test, troubleshoot, and document mechanical, fluidic and electromechanical components and systems for use in medical diagnostic instruments.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Conduct data analysis and statistical techniques using Labview, MatLab, Minitab etc.
• Use first principles and advanced engineering methods to guide the development process
• Perform 3D modeling and tolerance analysis of complex electromechanical systems
Knowledge & Skills:
• Expert proficiency with data analysis and statistical techniques using Labview, MatLab, Minitab etc.
• Expert proficiency in writing Labview sequences.
• Expert proficiency in electromechanical / fluidic troubleshooting
• Demonstrated understanding of product development considerations for tightly controlled manufacturing processes
• Knowledge of Design of Experiments (DOE), Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), Design for Manufacturing/Assembly (DFMA)
• Expert capability with SolidWorks
Education & Experience:
• MS in Engineering (Mechanical preferred) with at least 5 years experience, or other Engineering degree plus 8 years experience as a Mechanical product design / development engineer and/or project engineer in the medical device or pharmaceutical industries
• Excellent hands-on ability to work on test method development, fixture development and troubleshooting, prototype assembly, preliminary concept generation testing/evaluation
• Specialty technical expertise such as microfluidics or the use of Computational Modeling and Simulation tools for fluid or structural/solid mechanics
Thanks & Regards,
Imran (Emu) Shikalgar
APN Software Services, Inc
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
510-402-4704 (Voice & Text)
Phone: 510-623-5050 Extn.129 | Fax 510-623-5055 | Imran@apninc.com