Title: Solution Engineer 3
Location: Orlando, FL 32826
Duration: 6 months
• Establish structural engineering design criteria, develop designs and specifications, perform analyses, and support installation and construction activities of civil/structural designs for power generation plants.
• Define, design and optimize civil/structural layout for gas turbine and special power plants like for IGCC and E-LNG based on concepts of modules and Reference Power Plants (RPP) during bidding, project execution and for modules.
• Address and resolve complex civil engineering and structural non-conformance issues as they relate to the design and installation of foundations, buildings, structures, and equipment.
• Develop and maintain design specifications in regards to civil/structural design.
• Provide technical assistance on proposal documents and ensure proper definition and understanding of the requirements.
• Coordinate the technical internal interfaces between Gas and Steam Turbine- and Plant Engineering and external with Siemens Power Engineering Ltd and the Architect Engineer.
• Evaluation of customer and site specific requirements for all plant designs and structures and establish project specific design criteria and evaluate impact.
• Review Customer documents and specifications.
• Help in the development and review of specifications related to environmental loads, especially seismic design of building and power plant equipment in accordance with various National and International Building Codes and Standards and provide recommendations for proposals, cost estimates and project implementation.
• Ensure that technical interface requirements related to civil/structural engineering areas of responsibilities are clearly defined.
• Develop civil/structural specifications and drawings as required
• Define, design and optimize Civil/structural layout for GT, SPP and special power plants like for IGCC and E-LNG based on concepts of modules and Reference Power Plants (RPP) during bidding, project execution and for modules and reference plants.
• Review of A/E design and ensure deliverables are consistent with project specific contract requirements and Reference Power Plant or Proposal design.
• Provide Field support during construction and commissioning
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS in Civil Engineering or related field of study
• Knowledge in American and International Standards on structural steel and concrete and seismic design.
• Ability to apply these skills to applications dealing with a large multi-functional organization to ensure that successful results are attained.
• Well developed communications skills; able to clearly and concisely express technical information (or data) to non-technical associates, peers and management.
• Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups.
• Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects or assignments.
• The ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations and gather team consensus to move forward.
• Excellent writing, presentation meeting facilitation skills
• Flexibility and willingness for domestic and international travel of 20%.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 2+ years progressive experience in structural steel design.
• Knowledge of and basic level experience in Staad Pro software.
• In depth knowledge of American codes.
Added advantageous skills:
• Basic knowledge of Thermal Cycle Engineering, BOP system design, and Plant Integration.
• Basic knowledge of Plant Layout and System Design
• Knowledge of dynamic analysis, foundation vibration study, design and construction of Gas Turbine & Steam Turbine foundations.
Knowledge and ability to utilize 3D model viewing tools such as Naviswork.
Job Family Responsibilities:
Completes complex material specification, schematic preparation and follow-up to ensure proper and effective implementation. Performs complex design, development, testing and modifications of solutions. Performs explanations and clarifies information to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of complex specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data. Performs communication of complex technical and commercial issues. Completes recommendations for complex new designs, new processes, or design changes to meet requirements.
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments. Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Direction of Others:
Provide general guidance or train support and/or professional staff.
Key Working Relationships:
Primarily intra-organizational contacts and external contacts