Title: Procurement Specialist (Marketing) (DTJP00005470)
Duration: 0-9 months
Location: Round Rock, TX 78682 [Candidates must able to work on-site.]
A professional is needed to support end-to-end budget processes for Dell’s B2B Marketing activities. To succeed within this role, the ideal candidate must have a solid background in budget, procurement or finance, experience communicating with multiple stakeholders and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. This individual will support all segments in commercial marketing and all business units in the marketing budget process.
Day to day responsibilities include:
• Create purchase requisitions in system aligned to the budget and proper funding sources with correct accounting inputs. • Ensure purchase orders receive approval from stakeholders and that vendor is set up properly to be paid. • Maintain PO tracking & budget documents, keeping up-to-date tracking in the system(s). • Manage inputs to the budget from planning teams and join a weekly review to ensure that spend aligns to the plan. • Identify and work to solve any process gaps through effective communication & collaboration with internal teams, procurement and/ or vendors. • Manage timelines and deliverables in adherence to the process. • Propose remedying actions for activities falling short of goals.
• + 2 years in procurement, finance, accounting or budget management.
• Experience communicating with internal stakeholders and vendors.
• Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment where the data required for a decision is not always available.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Working knowledge of budget management.
• Ability to thrive in cross-functional team environments.
• Previous experience with budget or procurement tools.
• Proactive and customer-service oriented with a sense of accountability.
This role is more data entry.
1) What budget management or procurement experience do you have? What tools and systems have you worked with?
2) Are you comfortable communicating with internal stakeholders and external vendors, proposing solutions to problems that might arise? Give an example, if so.
3) What experience do you have in Excel? Ideally looking for experience with Pivot tables, formulas, etc.