Job Title: Digital IC Design Engineer
Duration: 6-12+ months with possible extension
100% onsite position
- Strong digital design basics, RTL design, exposure to the designs like ADC/DAC.
- Good understanding of Synthesis, DFT and Timing.
- Additionally you need to look for skills in AMS and PD (having some exposure).
· Must be able to perform front-end and back-end digital IC design functions
· Digital circuit and system design, analysis & simulation
· Develop performance specification for digital circuits to meet product requirements
· Digital circuit and system architecture definition and implementation to meet performance specifications
· Interface with analog/mixed-signal blocks for simulation, co-design and control algorithm verification
· Responsible for the entire digital design flow of complex integrated mixed signal ICs.
· Able to go from spec to GDSII/LAFF handoff for import into Analog top level.
· Define architecture and execute design of critical digital system functions such as supply sequencing, peripheral control, serial interface, local memory and external uP interface/control.
· Work with analog designers - during definition and design phases - to define topology of digital subsystems and interface with analog blocks
· Provide approximate digital section area estimate based on function description
· Optimize digital subsystems in order to minimize risks due to analog/digital interaction
· Design of complex digital state machines including analog/digital domain synchronization.
Specific Skills Required:
· Digital circuit design, simulation, test bench development, functional verification, code coverage, DFT, Scan (stuck@ & transitional), TDL generation, digital self- checkers & simulation script development (at least 3-5 years)
· Custom RTL/VERILOG coding (at least 3-5 years)
· Static timing analysis, place and route, synthesis (at least 3-5 years)
· State-machine design (at least 1-3 years)
· Asynchronous design across clock domains (at least 1-3 years)
· Digital IP analysis, reuse and validation (at least 1-3 years)
· Digital Place & Route (using Athena flow), Equivalence, IR Drop Analysis plus floor-planning (at least 3-5 years)
· Serial & parallel digital communication interface design (at least 1-3 years)
· Timing Controllers & time domain synchronization (at least 1-3 years)
· Digital and analog co-simulation, control algorithm development and functional verification in a mixed-signal design environment (CADENCE, AMS etc.; at least 1-3 years)
· Excellent design documentation skills
APN Software Services, Inc.
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Direct: 510.870.8798 | Fax: 510.623.5055 | email@example.com