Duration: 6 months contract
A qualified candidate must be able to fully interpret 2D mechanical part drawings to replicate into 3D via NX 3D Design Software. Quick yet accurate designers are a necessity for this job description. 3D models must be clean and match input drawings exactly to be utilized for production. Background in AutoCad and 3D modeling software, NX experience is preferred however experience in similar applications (SolidWorks, Pro-E, etc) is sufficient.
Essential Job Functions:
2D to 3D Migration
• Interpret 2D drawings and replicate to 3D.
• Create new drawings in NX to be used for production.
• Ability to move quickly through this process is key.
Quality Check and Release Process
• Assure that 3D models are precise and exactly match 2D drawings.
• Double check dimensions via 3D Software (Teamcenter VisView).
• Assure all required drawing notes are utilized.
• Double check part meta-data to assure the correct information is attached to the correct part (Material, Name, Part Number, etc).
• Create and complete workflows in TeamCenter.
• Assure BOMs are properly transferred to SAP.
• Work closely with experienced product engineer to analyze where certain parts are used.
• Create assembly structure complete with applicable assembly numbers and naming conventions.
• Build assemblies in NX 3D modeling complete with hardware. Assure no interferences or complications to ensure accurate models to avoid mishaps in factory assembly.
• Ability to understand and learn configuration logi