Title: Claims Team Lead – Liability
Location: Omaha, NE 68116
Duration: Direct Hire
Shift Hours: 7.5 hrs per day, 5 days/week
Claims Line of Business: GL - General Liability
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Supervises multiple teams of GL Specialists and/or multiple claims colleagues for wide span of control; and delegates duties to others within the unit as needed.
· Identifies and advises management of trends, problems, and issues; makes recommendations on course of action; informs management of new procedures and ideas for continuous process improvement; and coordinates with management projects for assigned office(s).
· Provides technical/jurisdictional direction to GL Specialists on claims issues and resolution.
· Compiles, reviews and analyzes management reports and takes appropriate action.
· Performs quality review on claims in compliance with audit requirements, service contract requirements and quality standards.
· Reviews reserve amounts on high cost claims and claims over the authority of individual GL Specialists.
· Maintains periodic review of claims that are litigated, sensitive, or questionable as determined by the client.
· Maintains contact with client on claims and promotes professional client relationship; makes recommendations to client as suggested by the claim status; and provides written resumes on specific claims as requested by client.
· Maintains frequent diaries on complex or high exposure claims.
· Ensures that direct reports are properly licensed in the jurisdiction serviced.
· Ensures claim files are coded correctly and adequate documentation is made by GL Specialists.
· Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
· Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance discussions.
· Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
Education & Licensing:
· Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Licenses as required. Professional certifications as applicable to line of business preferred.
· Six (6) years claims management experience related to general liability claims and two (5) years claims supervisor experience required.
Skills & Knowledge:
· Thorough knowledge of claims management processes and procedures for multiple product lines
· Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
· PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
· Leadership/management/motivational skills
· Analytical and interpretive skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
Thanks and Regards,
APN Software Services, Inc (www.apninc.com)
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: 510-943-5241 / Fax 510-623-5055
Email Id: Sawant@apninc.com