Job Title: QA Mechanical Inspector
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Duration: 1 Year
Schedule: Day Shift, M-F. Saturdays as needed.
· Read and analyze blueprints, manuals, verify measurements and performs comprehensive part component, assembly and kit inspections which include First Article inspection for conformance to purchase order, print and specification requirements.
· Require a basic knowledge of mechanical systems, critical thinking skills, and proficiency with standard testing tools, calipers, depth gauge, microscope, and CMM programs.
· Performs visual, dimensional, mechanical, and optical inspections per instructions.
· Uses basic to complex inspection measurement equipment including microscopes, optical
· comparator and coordinate measurement equipment to set up and verify dimensions and
· geometric tolerances for compliance.
· Works from engineering drawings, internal and external specifications, quality assurance
· standards, test procedures, and verbal instructions to determine acceptance of product
· Experience with CMM and other multi-mode measurement systems.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· Associate degree, with 5+ years of quality related experience or equivalent, medical device industry
· Knowledge of FDA 21 QSR 820 current ISO standards 13485 (medical device Protocol) domestic and
· Familiarity with SAP or equivalent Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP).
· Knowledge and experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T).
· Experience in mechanical inspection techniques involving Weldments and large machined
· Basic computer, Word and Excel skills in order to create and update inspection documents and
· Uses computer to document quality records, first article and dimensional reports, and job status,
· including the scanning and filing of records
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment.
· Is detail-oriented and has the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision.
· Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others across functional
· groups, co-workers, and suppliers.
· Excellent time management and follow-up skills.
· Requires strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.