Engineering Technician 2
Location: San Jose, CA
Duration: 24 Months
Provide engineering technical support. Duties may include design modification, drafting, process modification, test set up and calibration, fabrication and assembly of systems, participation in experimental designs and prototyping of components and test equipment. Provide suggestions for design changes, process changes or testing methodology based on observations during the design and testing stages to engineers.
Additional Job Details: This role will focus on the manufacturing of a key laser components. The successful candidate will be hands-on, self-motivated, and detail-oriented, with the ability to quickly learn and carry out our specific work instructions from start to finish. The individual will be required to certify on key processes and will be expected to assemble the sub-assemblies without direct supervision.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Follow the work instructions to assembly, align, test, and package.
• Ensure the highest level of quality.
• Suggest and execute improvements of the manufacturing process
• Help to train other technicians and operators on the process
• Team player with clear communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to effectively work with R&D engineers and the rest of the manufacturing team.
• Participate in process changes and change control
• Reports to Commercial Laser Manufacturing Production Supervisor.
• 2+ year’s hands-on experience assembling laser components and operating instrumentation.
• Experience with handling chemical and solvents.
• Experience with several of the following processes: power measurement, fiber splicing, critical packaging.
• Ability to work with minimal guidance in a dynamic environment.
• Computer literate and familiar with the basic Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, SharePoint, Lync, etc.
• Familiar with ISO-9001 requirements.
Clear written and verbal communication skills. • Class III-V laser experience preferred.