Network Function Virtualization (NFV) is an innovative approach to rapidly design, deploy, manage and monitor network functions via virtualized software running on commercial off-the-shelf(COTS) HW. We are looking for a validation engineer with a SDN/NFV/Telecommunications background that has experience working on solution projects that include server, storage, software and networking switches. Candidate will play a pivotal role in the deployment, validation and documentation of leading edge Service Provider solutions. The ideal candidate will be able to function effectively with minimal direction and oversight in the day-to-day activities. Responsibilities: As an engineer in the NFV team, you will be expected to deploy and validate an OpenStack and/or an VMWare environment. You will be responsible for evaluation and integration of various Open Source technologies and third party solutions.
Day to Day Activities:
You will be responsible for the execution of solution testing in the lab. This includes:
• Deploying, Managing, and Validating Computing, Networking, and Storage components
• System-level validation of networking solutions optimized for performance, high availability and customer use cases.
• Scripting/automation of test cases, troubleshooting HW and SW in a lab environment.
• Defect submission, isolation, and debug.
• Participating in test case development, validation strategy and execution, and performance analysis.
• Developing deployment documentation and other collateral,
• Assisting in the creation and tuning of installation methods to further streamline Openstack and\or VMWare vCloud\VIO system installs and configurations
• Experience *8+ years of professional experience (8 years directly related to I/T or functional area) or equivalent combination of education/experience.
• Need to have experience in QA testing at the wire layer, network experience, and VCloud deployment experience.
• Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Management Information Systems or equivalent preferred, or 8 to 10 years of related experience required.
• Advanced knowledge of virtualization environment of both servers and applications along with the use of hypervisor technologies
• Strong knowledge in the functions and features in cloud / data center environment
• Strong knowledge in Ethernet protocols and Layer-2 equipment technologies including large scale Switches, Routers
• Strong understanding and experience troubleshooting of OS (Linux), Hypervisors (KVM, Xen, etc), vCloud,
• VMWare vCloud deployment experience
• IXIA/ traffic generator experience
• Knowledge and experience with networking concepts
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrable ability to utilize unique analytical thinking along with strong adaptability skills to move forward in implementing solutions to difficult issues
• Works effectively in a fast paced environment. Performs multiple tasks concurrently on tight timelines.
• Hands on experience with Docker containers or Kubernetes management is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of server HW and computing infrastructure
• Strong knowledge of performance testing and system testing
• Familiarity with NVFI Foundational Software, OS, and Virtualization
• Experience in VMWare vCloud\VIO deployment and administration, QoS, Infrastructure Virtualization, Virtual Networking, System Management, Cloud Environments
• Knowledge and experience with Storage concepts
• Experience configuring and deploying Openstack or VMware ESX on Dell PowerEdge Systems, communicating status, and documenting processes and procedures
• Experience in telecommunications technologies, industry trends (network architectures, technologies, services) used in wireline, wireless, cable operators
For each submission - you must include the following questions with answers along with resume
DO NOT SEND THE QUESTIONS TO THE RESOURCE. Failure to include with resume will result in candidate being declined.
1. Have you deployed Vmware vCloud suite? What is a hypervisor? What VMware components have you installed?
2. Describe a time you did bare metal deployment of OSes. What was the situation and your role?
3. Have you deployed any network switch/router configurations? Which protocols were implemented and how did you verify them?
4. What is the task of vCloud Director?
5. What is your experience with automation?
6. Tell me about a time you had to write a test case and what tools did you use? What about a time you found a defect, what did you do then?
7. How does a software-defined network switch work? How is it different from the non-software defined switch?