Desktop Specialist 1
Duration: 3 months contract
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Location: Milpitas, CA 95035
• Knowledge of PC and laptop hardware components (external and internal);
• 3+ years of experience installing, troubleshooting operating systems (Win XP/7), Microsoft Office, Java, and other software;
• Knowledge of Win8 and Win10;
• Experience using remote tools to support remote end users and systems;
• Working knowledge of SCCM or similar OS deployment tools;
• Working knowledge of Lync and Video Conferencing;
• General understanding of IT network and server technologies;
• Good knowledge of ITIL and familiar with Help Desk Software;
• Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills;
• Strong written and verbal communication and customer service skills;
• Quick learner, can understand and apply existing and new technologies;
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials;
• Experience working in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
Start Time: 8:00 AM
Duties and Responsibilities
• On-site and/or remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users, along with recommending and implementation of corrective solutions;
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot end-user systems, phones, and related hardware and software to meet desktop service levels;
• Light system administration tasks in Microsoft Active Directory;
• Assist in the maintenance and inventory of all equipment, consisting of but not limited to PCs, monitors, laptops, printers and other components;
• Communicate application problems and issues to management, development teams and end users;
• Assist with other duties as assigned.
The Desktop Support Specialist will be a part of a global group supporting and providing maintenance to Lumentum’s desktop computing environment.
This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, upgrading, and documenting all PC related issues to ensure optimal equipment performance.
The Desktop Specialist shall be responsible for troubleshooting problem areas and engaging in root cause problem solving in a timely, accurate, and professional manner. of providing n person technical support or remote support by phone, IM, share desktop conferencing.
The ideal candidate would be self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to independently prioritize and execute tasks in a fast pace environment while maintaining a positive attitude.