Title: Customer Service Rep – Self Pay Collector (Family Payment Center Representative)
Location: Orange, CA 92868
Duration: 3 months with possible extension
Shift Hours: 8 hrs per day, 5 days/week
Tax Term: W2
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."
Reporting to the Family Payment Center Supervisor, this position is responsible to provide quality service, to ensure timely response on inquires and messages regarding patient account balances, and to assist in the resolution of these balances.
• Prior experience in the field of collection, account management or customer service (REQUIRED)
• Knowledge of Medi-Cal and CCS, Medicare, as well as third party payers and managed care contracts. One year collections experience in the medical field, knowledge of CPT and ICD coding. (Preferred)
• High School Diploma or equivalent (REQUIRED)
• Some college or specific course related study (Preferred)
• Strong communication and computer skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks to achieve individual and team goals
• Demonstrates active listening skills
• Provide quality customer service, in an efficient manner, on phone, written and direct inquiries received on patient accounts.
Receive ACD incoming calls and assist callers with inquiries on patient accounts, ensuring review of all CHOC billing systems in the department and discussion of all relevant accounts. Verify demographic and insurance data, and complete billing system updates once verification is complete. Pursue collection of patient balance, including payment plan options, or resolution through application of government programs or CHOC's financial assistance program.
Ensure accurate completion of any paperwork required to complete interaction with callers, and on written or direct inquiries, and provide timely submission to the appropriate area or individual.
Utilize payer web sites, department imaging tools, and Managed Care pricing systems to review and validate balances as patient responsibility or pending with health coverage, providing feedback to individuals inquiring, and to collection teams as appropriate. Properly follow department escalation protocol on difficult cases and on disputed charges or services.
• Appropriate use of department systems to advance collection activity and resolve account balances.
Fully document all interaction and collection effort in the appropriate billing system. Ensure all tasks and follow-up activities are completed, including initiating collection activity for accounts that have held up on billing or stopped short of completing the workflow.
Accurate use of systems external to the billing systems, including but not limited to, the credit card payment system, in accordance with department guidelines.
• Meet productivity and quality standards.
Meet the department's defined productivity standard, including the elimination of lost calls, and the department quality standard to ensure appropriate level of resolution.
• Complete one to three goals or objectives, either individual or team based. Other duties as assigned.
Goal(s) or Objective(s) met.
Other duties completed accurately and on time.
If you are available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please send the updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a best time and number to reach you.
Your prompt response is highly appreciated.
Thanks and have a blessed day ahead.
Thanks and Regards,
APN Software Services, Inc (www.apninc.com)
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: 510-623-5050- Extn 139 / Direct: 510-943-4054
Email Id: email@example.com